• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Adobe Flash Player 11.6 crashes

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why I even bother downloading the new adobe flash player updates. 11.5 crashes contantly in Firefox, I thought they might have fixed it with the new 11.6 but after about an hour, I get on youtube and it crashed, go figure.

Looks like I'm going back to version 10.3.183.25( I never crash with this older version of adobe flash).

Let me guess the new 11.7 will crash with Firefox too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you given the troubleshooting steps in this FAQ a try?

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some reason I cannot log into my original name ThatOneFlash...

I like to update that I finally got the new version of Adobe Flash to work. It was not easy but I can tell everyone the exact step to get theirs to work!

The main problem was Adobe Flash 11.6 would always crash with YouTube Videos, after watching a few minuets it would crash and then let you send a crash report. I finally found a fix.

Please copy and paste this so it helps other people.

Step one! Diable Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox!

To disable Protected Mode, add the following line to your mms.cfg file located in:

Windows 32bit: C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash

Windows 64bit: C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash

If you using Windows 7 or XP Click Start and go to Run.

Type the following for Windows 32

C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash

For Windows 64bit

C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash

Find the file named mms.cfg,

Click mms.cfg and Right Click and choose to OPEN WITH: NOTEPAD! << Open with NOTEPAD

Now add the following
ProtectedMode=0

Now your done with that part! After doing the above step, Adobe Flash still crashed in YouTube, then I did the following.

If you have Adobe Reader XI, it's important that you OPEN Adobe Reader XI

Now go to EDIT > Choose Perferenses

Under JavaScript, UNCHECK Enable Acrobat Java Script!

It also helps if you click a YouTube video and Disable Hardware Acceleration!

To break it down simply, Disable ProtectedMode for Adobe Flash, and Disable Acrobat Java Scrip in Adobe Reader! Don't forget to Right Click a YouTube Video and Disable Hardware Acceleration!

Now adobe Flash hasn't crashed after I did these steps.

I'm running AVG 2013 with firewall and web surfing protection. Hope this tutorial helps people with Firefox that are having problems with Flash Crashing.

Thank you Chris Campbell for the tutorial with Disabling the protected mode in Firefox. Even after disabling the protected mode, it still crashed, until I disabled the Acrobat Java Script in Adobe Reader XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines