Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 HTML - Contextual Help Capabilities

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Our company wants to serve help content relevant to the module the current user is in when they access help.  I can only imagine utilizing conditional tagging as an option with RoboHelp 10 HTML and conditionally publishing sections to different folders on our webserver and having each module of our software call help content from our webserver.  However I was wondering if there is a more dynamic approach available that I may be overlooking whether it be in RoboHelp 10 HTML or RoboHelp Server.

THANK you for your time and have a great weekend!

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The nearest thing to what you need is Content Categories. Take a look at Dynamic User Centric Content in the Rh9 section of the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

The Employee Care sample project also ships with Rh10 so that you can see how it is set up.

The difference is that to limit the search and content, the user would have to select from a dropdown to limit what they see. I don't think anyone has come up with a way of opening the help to different categories.

The alternative would be to use merged help and have your developers call the child project for the module in the way you suggest. As a user that would annoy me because the full help would not be available, although you could create links to it.

Personally I think the best way is to open the full help at the relevant topic. The topic will be synchronised to that section of the TOC so the user can see where they are.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp