Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get license key from Coldfusion 8 Instance

Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy enough, I know, but the problem is that someone uninstalled the server without retrieving the license key; therefore we can't simply navigate to the administrator page(s) to retrieve it.

Any ideas?

I'm not familiar with how Coldfusion licenses work but can we simply re-install the Coldfusion 10 trial version and it will recognize that we did once have a key and allow it to run as a standard, non-developer, edition?

Also, after retrieving the key, we need to move the key to another server as this one is being de-commission (reason it was originally uninstalled). How can we go about doing this?

Thanks in advance to any help we can get for this!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe you will be able to install ColdFusion 10 and have access to the serial number for CF8.  The serial numbers are version specific.  Even if you install CF8, I'm pretty sure it will force you to enter that key during the installer process.  If you skip your way through that by entering the developer/trial mode I do not believe it will recognize that you had a key once it is up and running.

You may be able to get the key from where you ordered it.  I order all my coldfusions from the Adobe store, and I can get to any serial number through that, unless I ordered a physical copy.  For those, my account history says that the serial number was included with the physical media.

Regarding moving the key, assuming you have it, I believe what you want to do is legit, uninstall from the old server, install to the new server, and reuse the same key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info on everything.

There is nowhere that Adobe stores it within the filesystem for retrieval? I figured it would at least be in the registry.

If not, I guess I will have to ask my supervisor about obtaining the key though our order history, etc. (I really hope they didn't buy a phsyical copy and if so someone has it still, ha!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about open ColdFusion8\lib\license.properties file, or restore file from backup case CF8 uninstalled, check details pertaining to sn= ?

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

As Carl mentioned if you have ColdFusion 8 directories left in the installation folder then you can check the files which mentioned and opened with Notepad and you will get the ColdFusion 8 serial key but that won't work with ColdFusion 10. Again if you don't find that folder, can you please let me know any order number or any other details so I can help you with that. Please send me a private msg with that information if you have.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation