• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't download flash player for IE

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I tried more than 8th to download from http://get.adobe.com/cn/flashplayer/, but everytime when the program run to download to 7%, it will stop,and say overtime or can't find reliable source. Then I flollowed the direction, download it from Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer), but when I run the program it says let me download from http://get.adobe.com/cn/flashplayer/, because it's not the latest version. So, how can I download it? I'm in Shanghai, China.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked the webpage and follow it to download directly to download from Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer), but it can't be installed, it says it isn't the latest version. Today, I've tried to download from http://get.adobe.com/cn/flashplayer/ again, but the installation said the newer version has been installed, but I havn't intall flash for IE, I only installed it for other browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that you try a clean install, as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

then download and run both offline installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Pat and Mylenium,

I have tried everything you are suggesting. I have gone through the process multiple times. Nothing is working to get my flash operating again.Have also checked all settings, internet options, deleted old flash files, rebooted computer and browser, enabled settings like java and scripting, uninstalled and reinstalled java to latest, did same with shockwave, Im sure there is more but I cant remember. Ive done it all.

the only time flash works is when I am in Chrome because it is built in.

However when I open IE8 (the highest you can have with XP) and firefox, all test screens are blank. They do not show the test movie.

The main problem I have is I often use Yahoo Messenger and that is now seriously affected. I cannot see the text that I have typed in for all of my messages. Apparently that depends on the flash player as well.

I cannot hardly perform any of the instructions while using IE8 since menus are not clickable and sometimes things do not come up visually. Not even the Adobe website works at times due to not having the Flash installed. Therefore I have been using firefox to get the offline downloads (uninstaller, installer) and manage to uninstall successfully. Then when I reinstall it says that it has been done successfully but there is no evidence of this. Flash still not working.

I cannot see where it would be "working" after the install and cannot find it in my windows task manager processes. However I do see that one of the processes is the install program: install_flashplayer11x32ax_mssd_aih.exe

Please please help with this. I am quite computer savvy and cannot remedy this problem. I desperately need assistance to get flash successfully reinstalled.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the latest Flash Player 11.6.602.168 that was released today; use the offline installers from the link that I posted earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry but unfortunately I still have the same issue. Everything appeared to have gone well with the new installation but the end result was no flash player identified on my computer. Any other ideas? Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Shockwave Flash object add-on enabled in Internet Explorer?

Can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on your link it opens the default browser- Chrome, and yes I can see the flash animation. However that is because Chrome uses the plugin. The major issue I have is when I try to open your link in IE or firefox. In the case of using IE browser or Firefox browser the answer would be NO, I cannot see the flash animation.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the Shockwave Flash object add-on enabled in Internet Explorer?

Is the Shockwave Flash plugin enabled in Firefox?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines