Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tabbing from Index to topic page

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently using Robohelp 9. I have the help files set so that whenever I open up a help page in a web browser, the index is present on the side. Since the focus of the browser window is on the index panel of the page, there is no way to Tab over from the index window to the actual help page without tabbing through every index item. In order to make my project 508 compliant, I need a way to have the focus of the browser window jump over to the actual help page when selecting an item from the index. Is there a way to trigger the focus to jump to the help page when an item is selected from the index?

Alternatively, is there a way to close the index panel using keyboard shortcuts only?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Section 508 Compliant Output setting selected in the WebHelp single source layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I do have 508 Compliant Output selected, but I still run into the same issue with not being able to tab into the help page from the index panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I figured out how to get the tabbing to work, but the screenreader (JAWS) I'm using does not read the entire contents of the help page. For some reason, it only reads the breadcrumb links on the top of the page before stopping. Is there anyway to get the screenreader to read the entire help page?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm inclined to think that is more a question for JAWS. First though, it might be worth trying JAWS without 508 compliance, just to see if that makes a difference.

As I understand it, JAWS is a screen reader so it is reading what a particular browser is showing. Have you tried more than one browser?

Also are you testing with the output locally or on a webserver? Maybe that will make a difference.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp