• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AVCHD 1080p50 not showing up in Premiere Elements 11

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 11, which, according to what I have read, supports editing 1080p50 (or 60 in NTSC). When I create a project it is not showing up in the list of available presets. See the available list below:

Listed presets.jpg

Checking the installation directories, I can see that the preset is actually installed on the computer. Screenshot below:

SequencePresets Folder.jpg

Comparing the two lists, all of the presets are available, except the 1080p 50. The preset has GUID 088bb726-9823-467e-b3b7-26f3703d4cf1, which is included in the Adobe Editing Modes.xml as EditingMode24, enabled on all platforms. I was going to attach both the preset and the editing modes xml to this question, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. They are both reasonably large files, so I am posting below only the definition of EditingMode24. I can post the contents of the preset as well, if required. I am on Windows 7 64bit.

<EditingMode24 Version="2">
<EditingMode.SupportedPlatforms Version="1">
<EditingMode.SupportedPlatformCount>1</EditingMode.SupportedPlatformCount>
<EditingMode.SupportedPlatform Version="1" Index="0">
<Second>true</Second>
<First>All</First>
</EditingMode.SupportedPlatform>
</EditingMode.SupportedPlatforms>
<EditingMode.IDs Version="1">
<EditingMode.IDCount>2</EditingMode.IDCount>
<EditingMode.ID Version="1" Index="0">
<Second>088bb726-9823-467e-b3b7-26f3703d4cf1</Second>
<First>All</First>
</EditingMode.ID>
</EditingMode.IDs>
<EditingMode.Names Version="1">
<EditingMode.NameCount>7</EditingMode.NameCount>
<EditingMode.Name Version="1" Index="0">
<Second>AVCHD 1080p Quadratpixel</Second>
<First>de_DE</First>
</EditingMode.Name>
<Second>AVCHD 1080p square pixel</Second>
<First>en_US</First>
</EditingMode.Name>
<Second>AVCHD 1080p píxeles cuadrados</Second>
<First>es_ES</First>
</EditingMode.Name>
<Second>AVCHD 1080p - Pixels carrés</Second>
<First>fr_FR</First>
</EditingMode.Name>
<Second>AVCHD 1080p pixel quadrati</Second>
<First>it_IT</First>
</EditingMode.Name>
<Second>AVCHD 1080p 正方形ピクセル</Second>
<First>ja_JP</First>
</EditingMode.Name>
<Second>AVCHD 1080p 정사각형 픽셀</Second>
<First>ko_KR</First>
</EditingMode.Name>
</EditingMode.Names>
<EditingMode.Players Version="1">
<EditingMode.PlayerCount>1</EditingMode.PlayerCount>
<EditingMode.Player Version="1" Index="0">
<Second>9728470B-5EE7-4e96-9921-630DEA0AF639</Second>
<First>All</First>
</EditingMode.Player>
</EditingMode.Players>
<EditingMode.Recorders Version="1">
<EditingMode.RecorderCount>2</EditingMode.RecorderCount>
<EditingMode.Recorder Version="1" Index="0">
<Second>7D3215DB-D698-4977-9602-7DC209B0D6B1</Second>
<First>Mac</First>
</EditingMode.Recorder>
<EditingMode.Recorder Version="1" Index="0">
<Second>AE351743-B529-451e-A2D4-9CCF1AD8D8B6</Second>
<First>Win</First>
</EditingMode.Recorder>
</EditingMode.Recorders>
<EditingMode.FrameRect1 Version="1">
<Width>1920</Width>
<Height>1080</Height>
</EditingMode.FrameRect1>
<EditingMode.FrameRect.Count>1</EditingMode.FrameRect.Count>
<EditingMode.FrameRate1 Version="1">
<Numerator>24000</Numerator>
<Denominator>1001</Denominator>
</EditingMode.FrameRate1>
<EditingMode.FrameRate2 Version="1">
<Numerator>30000</Numerator>
<Denominator>1001</Denominator>
</EditingMode.FrameRate2>
<EditingMode.FrameRate3 Version="1">
<Numerator>25</Numerator>
<Denominator>1</Denominator>
</EditingMode.FrameRate3>
<EditingMode.FrameRate.Count>3</EditingMode.FrameRate.Count>
<EditingMode.PAR1 Version="1">
<Numerator>1920</Numerator>
<Denominator>1920</Denominator>
</EditingMode.PAR1>
<EditingMode.PAR.Count>1</EditingMode.PAR.Count>
<EditingMode.FieldType1 Version="1">
<Value>0</Value>
</EditingMode.FieldType1>
<EditingMode.FieldType.Count>1</EditingMode.FieldType.Count>
</EditingMode24>

I have noticed that this editing mode does not have a frame rate of 50p, whereas some of the other EditingModes do. Is that what is causing the problem?

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

I have posted a response based on your finding (about the missing language definitions in the sequence preset file) in this thread. Let me know if this works for your case. Just an attempt to correct something I think should not have been a problem in the first place. A new preset "should" have been tested thoroughly. Seems like...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RicInLondon wrote:

I have Premiere Elements 11, which, according to what I have read, supports editing 1080p50 (or 60 in NTSC). When I create a project it is not showing up in the list of available presets. See the available list below:

Listed presets.jpg

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Ric,

I can't find that screen in version 11.  It looks more like versions 9 and 10.  p50 and p60 were not "offically" in version 10.  Can you tell me how to find that screen in version 11?

My experience in 10 was that any project setting that made the edit preview monitor run smoothly was fine.  The frame rate seemed to matter the most.  So with 1080p60 files, I used 720p60 for a preset.  Other settings worked, but that seemed to provide the smoothest editing experience.

In version 11, Adobe is saying that a new major feature is that you don't do the presets.  When you start a new project and drop in the first clip to the timeline it finds the preset for you.  And, p50/60 is "offically" supported.  So, depending on the inner core strength of you computer, p50/60 editiing should work with no fuss over presets.

My experience is that project presets don't effect final output.  The now automatic preset gets you through the project where you set all the ins and outs of your clips and whatever else you do to turn your clips into a movie.   When it is movie time, you create an output setting that tells the computer to re-read all your clips based on markers placed during editing and "trans-code" frame by frame to an optimized file for the viewing device you selected. 

So, stop worring about the presets.  Let the sofware pick one and get on with the edit.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill

It is definitely Premiere 11. I haven't ever installed or used Premiere 9 or 10. This is the first time I have inatalled or used Premiere. The way to get to that screen is from the New Project screen. You click Change Settings.

New Project.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RicInLondon wrote:

Hi Bill

It is definitely Premiere 11. I haven't ever installed or used Premiere 9 or 10. This is the first time I have inatalled or used Premiere. The way to get to that screen is from the New Project screen. You click Change Settings.

I found the screen!  New interface has me searching for things!

Now that I found the screen, I can confirm 50p shows as a choice on mine. 

I still think you may be doing something that is not necessary.  From the online manual:  (http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf)

"Dynamic sequence preset

When you add a movie clip to the Expert view timeline, Adobe Premiere Elements automatically changes your project settings in the background

to match the clip properties. They include dimension, fps, pixel aspect ratio, and field order."

Does that work for you?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bill. Just add the video to your timeline and the program will automatically set up the project settings for you in version 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't help. If I start with an empty project and add a 1080p50 clip to the timeline it sets the project to 1080i50 and sets about conforming the clip. Obviously, it is doiing this because for some reason it can't find the 1080p50 preset, even though  it is physically in the correct installation directory. Whatever is preventing it from displaying it in the project presets list is preventing it from finding it at all.

I suspect that I am going to have to go to Adobe tech support for this. Thanks anyway folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot address the 1080i vs 1080p matter, but the Conforming is an operation related to the Audio. A CFA, and a PEK file are being generated for editing. With an MTS (actually any form of MPEG), there is also Indexing, but it happens very quickly. The Conforming takes place for all files, that contain Audio, and is normal. This article goes into more detail on that: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3892177#3892177

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be inclined to reinstall, 1080p50 is supported.

1.png

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neale

I have tried a complete reinstall - that was my first angle of attack. In fact I redownloaded it, uninstalled and reinstalled the fresh download. Same result.

Do you kow what determines which presets appear in the list? Is it the Adbe Editing Modes.xml?

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you edited the file "AVCHD 1080p50.sqpreset"?

I ask because in the screenshot your file shows as 7Kb in size, whereas on my PC it is only 5Kb.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't edited it. That is as installed. It has the same date time stamp as the other presets, 2012-09-21 04:28, which would be when Adobe generated the install package. I only installed Premiere last week, so it is before the installation date as well. What caught my attention is that it is 7kb in size, whereas all the other presets in the directory on my computer are 8kb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is 5kb too.  The rest are 8.  Would you like me to email it to you?  Maybe yours has a error in it.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Dutch version and mine is too 7kb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a working copy of a working AVCHD 1080p50.sqpreset file would be useful. I don't want to post my email address on a forum though, so it would be great if you could upload it to http://www.mediafire.com/ or an equivalent site and post the link here. Please also uoload your Adobe Editing Modes.xm file and post a link, as I suspect that this is where the problem lies rather than the preset itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it help if one of us sends the preset file from one of our machines where this is shown to the OP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would be useful, as I said above, it would be great if someone would upload a copy of the preset and the Adobe Editing Modes.xml files to mediafire or similar site and post the links here, so that I can download them and compare them to the files on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RicInLondon wrote:

Yes, that would be useful, as I said above, it would be great if someone would upload a copy of the preset and the Adobe Editing Modes.xml files to mediafire or similar site and post the links here, so that I can download them and compare them to the files on my system.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/74010941/Adobe%20Editing%20Modes.xml

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/74010941/Adobe%20Editing%20Modez.xml

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/74010941/AVCHD%201080p50.sqpreset

Note that there are two Editing Modes files.  One is 99 KB and was in my Settings folder.  The other is 24 KB and was in a Plug-Ins folder.   In order to get them to share the drop box folder, I changed the "Modes" to a "Modez".  You'll have to change them back. 

Good luck!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, thanks very much for doing that for me. There is good news and there is bad news. The bad news is that the only difference between my files and yours is that my sqpreset file has descriptions in more languages than yours does. The good news is that this eliminates these files as a possible cause. The problem lies somewhere else. If anybody has any suggestions, I would be very pleased to hear them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted a response based on your finding (about the missing language definitions in the sequence preset file) in this thread. Let me know if this works for your case. Just an attempt to correct something I think should not have been a problem in the first place. A new preset "should" have been tested thoroughly. Seems like...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I had the same symptons as RisInLondon I installed the the preset VDOSurfer mentioned above and indeed the preset pops up. Didn't any further tests at the moment other than checking if the preset is visible and clickable.

So it seemed to me that it is indeed a language problem as I have the Dutch version, in the original preset Dutch isn't present.

Thanks a lot,

Greetings from Portugal,

AllieB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that it worked. Should not have been a bug in the first place. But then name one software that does not have a bug!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that has solved the problem. I really appreciate this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the testfile that VDOsurfer provided, (because I also couldnt find the 1080p/50 preset (altough it is in my settings folder) but the preset from VDOsurfer says that is is for 1080 interlaced and not 1080 progressive. Anyone else has this problem? I've added the screenshot. I know it is in Dutch, but it will speak for itself.1080p of 1080i.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't seen this before. I have also a Dutch version of PRE11 and I could make the same screenshot. Indeed PRE says 1080i but does it really output in 1080i or will the output be 1080p.  BTW I changed the name from test to AVCHD but this changed nothing more than the name.

Greetings from Portugal

AllieB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see what VDOSurfer thinks of this. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines