• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I install FMS on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server 64bit ??

Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I install FMS on   Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server 64bit ?? I follow the install guide, but it dont work.I get this error

"A reqzured package, libcap, was not found on your linux_86_64 Debian." But Licap is alread installed..please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest libcap libraries on Ubuntu 12.04 cause problems with fmsedge process and fmsedge process crashes. For installing Flash Media Server on ubuntu 12.04, install the libcap2-2.17  from http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libc/libcap2/libcap2_2.17-2ubuntu1.1_amd64.deb

Download the file using wget and install the deb using sudo dpkg –i libcap2_2.17-2ubuntu1.1_amd64.deb

Then install FMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I try it, but i get this error:

36.jpg

my serverinfo:

Prozessor: Intel Sandy Bridge G530

CPU-Leistung: 2 x 2,4 GHz

Arbeitsspeicher: 4 GB

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that was for AMD processor. Try installing libcap from http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libc/libcap2/libcap2_2.17-2ubuntu1_i386.deb which is for Intel processors.

Download the file using wget and install the deb using sudo dpkg –i libcap2_2.17-2ubuntu1_i386.deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

e1.jpg

i just installed a fresh ubuntu.. i get this error.. i try to install libcap2_2.17-2ubuntu1_i386.deb

but i get an other error this one

12.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried installing AMS on fresh installation of Ubuntu 12.04. For AMS to install and work on ubuntu, I had to do following things:

Then try installing AMS. It should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.jpg

I cant remove it, because ntp is using libcap.. and now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop ntp using command sudo /etc/init.d/ntp stop and then try above steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Chandan_Abhishek 

thx u for your help;)

i try it, but i get still the error..

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chandan_Abhishekis correct. Only thing the wrong libnspr link. here is the correct link. http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/n/nspr/libnspr4_4.8.9-1ubuntu2_amd64.deb

Mine is working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into terminal . went to the installAMS maybe installFMS for you and I edited in NANO and look for the line " exit_no_libcap(){  "   I changed it to " exit_no_libcap-dev (){" and I did the same thing to the "exit_wrong_libcap " I only added  "-dev" to both sections. Install started right up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines