• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not install FlashPlayer 11.6

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not intstall flashplayer 11.6. I am running Windows 8 (yes, I now know that it has embedded flash but neither your download page nor the troubleshooting information says anything about it).

I uninstalled flash (Uninstalled becasue I was having the freeze/crash issue on all three browsers that so many people are having on vastly different system setups), cleaned the registry of all but the entries that say system file could cause instability entries, downloaded fresh install package. Now the installer starts (can see it in the task manager but nowhere else) but it just sits there inactive for a few minutes then closes with no message telling me why, disabled hardware acceleration, ran FF with no extensions or plugins except for Flash.

I have a AMD triple core 2.1 Ghz, 4 Gigs RAM, Envidia video card with 1 gig RAM. I have Comcast's Norton Security Suite (which I disabled completey for troubleshooting).

Now the flash movies just say FlashPlayer needed. How can I fix this issue? Have tried Windows update since I uninstalled Flash but no mention of FlashPlayer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. The only thing I missed was your uninstaller. Flash Player is now working after turning Real Downloader plugin. Is still working after re-enabling the record plugin. If I have any further problems I will go to the real troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines