Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem installing Adobe Digital Editions 2.0

Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't download/install Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 to use new Kobo e-reader; I get a pop-up flag to "notify Microsoft about the error".  Is it just me and my Lenovo PC, or are others having this problem?  Was able to download ADE 1.7 but thereafter I'm not able to connect/synchonize any e-book downloaded on my PC to the Kobo e-reader.  Is there a patch to help facilitate proper installation of ADE 2.0?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens when you try to install ADE 2.0? If possible, please attach the error screenshot.

Step by Step Instructions for installing ADE :

http://library.ellibs.com/help/ade-installation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62h05izDw3M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply....after going through the protocol steps of downloading ADE 2.0 (using link for Windows from Adobe website) and accepting terms of agreement, etc....this is what pops up:

"ADE 2.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close."

(then further down in the pop-up it says)

"Please tell Microsoft about this problem" (by clicking on tab 'send error report' or "don't send")

I've been able to download and install ADE 1.7, but apparently that version does not synchronize or interface with my Kobo Mini e-reader......

Last question/comment: When I try to connect the e-reader to my PC via the USB cable that came with the e-reader, the following full screen message shows on the e-reader: "charged and connected". But there is no way to move out of that screen other than to unplug the USB cable... would that suggest a faulty Kobo e-reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about the Kobo, but many ereaders show similar messages when connected.  While they are connected you cannot do anything on the reader directly,  you can only do things via the PC.  (Most cameras seem to work that way as well.)  So probably the Kobo is working correctly.

What should happen is that while that message is showing on the Kobo, the Kobo shows up in Library view on ADE.

Should be ok with v1.7.2 or v2.0; but v2.0 has lots of bugs that can stop it installing properly or working properly if you do once get it installed.

When the Kobo is plugged in and showing that message:

1. Does it show up as a device on your ADE 1.7.2?
  2. Does it show up as a device on Windows Explorer?

What OS are you on?  ADE2.0 has issues with XP and Vista: see http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/installing-digital-editions-20-windows.html

for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

many ereaders show similar messages when connected. While they are connected you cannot do anything on the reader directly, you can only do things via the PC. (Most cameras seem to work that way as well.) So probably the Kobo is working correctly.

Right now, I can't even get the e-book that was downloaded on ADE 1.7 to register on the Kobo via my PC, nevermind via Wi-Fi.

ADE 2.0 has issues with XP and Vista: see http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/installing-digital-editions -20-windows.html

I'm going to upgrade my OS from XP to Vista Home Premium and use the advice given in the link (above) to hopefully download ADE 2.0 successfully.....and if the bugs that you refer to persist v2.0 has lots of bugs that can stop it installing properly or working properly if you do install it then I'll see if v1.7 is usable.

Appreciate your help and input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved the discussion to Adobe Digital Editions Forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines