• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving LR 3.0 From 32bit PC to New PC w/ 64bit

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to move LR 3.0 from 32bit PC with  program on 1 HDD and photos on a second HDD to new PC 64bit with two HDD. I can copy the second HDD with the photos, but how do I install the LR 3.0 on the new program HDD and will it find the links to the right photos and folders? or should I do this another way? Once I have this installed on my new PC, I want to upgrade to LR 4.0 because I will now have a 64 bit computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

if you want to upgrade, you don't need to install lr 3.0 on your new computer.  you just need your lr 3.0 serial number (and lr 4.0 serial number) when installing 4.0.  that will make for a cleaner installation on your new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to upgrade, you don't need to install lr 3.0 on your new computer.  you just need your lr 3.0 serial number (and lr 4.0 serial number) when installing 4.0.  that will make for a cleaner installation on your new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds great. I plan to purchase LR 4.0 now, but will it find all the files on the second HDD that was copied from the old HDD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, you'll need to manually move those files.  the following has a link to a 2min video showing you how to do that: http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2012/04/upgrading-your-lightroom-3-catalog-to-lightrom-4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still not quite clear yet (new at this). I am going to copy the HDD from my old PC with the photos onto a new HDD on a new PC. Then I am going to install LR 4.0 on another new HDD in the new PC. Then I am going to Manually move the files into the new LR 4.0 as shown on the video link you sent me. Is this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines