• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the language to English in Premiere Pro CS6?

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I recently bought the Master Suite over Amazon, because the Adobe Online Store seemed broken (Unknown Errors after ordering and a Telephone Number which you couldn't call) and I really needed it before the end of the year (Tax Reasons). So now I got the German Version. I want it to be in English because the Translations are sometimes really bad and also most of the Tutorials and Learning Materials are in English. No big deal I thought, you can surely change it to English. I did my Research and I could change Photoshop and AfterEffects to English. What is left of my most used Tools is Premiere Pro. So:

How can I change my Premiere Pro CS6 to english? There has do be a way?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Also I can't request a language swap as recommend http://forums.adobe.com/message/4702895#4702895 because i couldn't order it via adobe store.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling that if you bought a German version - it's a German version.  Period!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might do better with this query by placing it on the Downloading, Installing and Setting up Forum.

Unfortunately dual posting is frowned upon here, but usually one of the mods will spot this and move it to the appropriate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think one is stuck to the Premiere language version one initially bought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Comments about software piracy deleted]

Thanks for your answer, I still hope there is some way to change it legally..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was doing that right now with this thread!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joe.schroecker wrote:

I thought I was doing that right now with this thread!?

Not exactly.  This forum is sponsored by Adobe, but it is a user-to-user forum.  For licensing and installation questions you'll have to contact Adobe directly by phone.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, ok, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that the PrPro S/N's are platform-specific, i.e. Mac, OR PC, but I am not sure if they are also language-specific. Others WILL know. If they are NOT, then it should be possible to download the trial for English, and unlock that with your S/N. I have never done a trial, so have never converted to the full-paid with my S/N, but am just thinking there.

As for the Adobe Store, you are correct that they had issues (many related to Adobe cookies in one's browser), and I had to make a purchase, about the same time that you did, from another browser.

With your invoice and S/N, Adobe Customer Support (not Technical Support), should either be able to help you, or give you the definitive answer to your question. If you bought directly FROM Amazon, they are a certified reseller, so that should not be a problem. If you bought from someone else, just THROUGH Amazon, then there could be a problem.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hunt, sadly re-installing with the English Trial Version didn't help.

I'm now contacting Adobe Support and let you know how it goes. I'm sure there are others which are interrested in these question!?

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe,

Sorry to hear that. I was doing a bunch of guessing speculating.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hunt, no problem, we all work with that kind of stuff more often than we should!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ post removed - discussions of how to alter the license-specific features of an Adobe product are not permitted ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To all concerned: Adobe has a zero-tolerance policy concerning discussions about, around, through, over, under, sideways or any other way that involves software piracy on any level, to include altering license-specific features.  Zero means zero.  The moderators and staff have the responsibility to enforce that policy.

Thread locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines