• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We keep installing upgrades but the system does not know it!

Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are with suicide prevention for high school students and we keep installing the upgrades but our system does not know we updated the Flash Player and others.  How come this is happening with it involves student lives?

Dr. Anthony Zine Ph.D.

<Removed by Moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first run the uninstaller: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

then manually download and update your flash player: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

p.s. untick mcafee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system & version?

What is your web browser?

How does your system "not know" that you have updated?  What do you see at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html#main_Find_the_Flash_Player_ver... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small Business Server 2003.  A powerful XP is what they tell me.

I did not see the movie.

I tried Step # 4 and after it installed (no messages or errors), still the same problem.

I have uninstalled and re-installed several times.

A couple of times it worked but as soon as I went to look at a high school that is using Flash, it starts to bomb.  Something must betellin it to go back to an older version or something?

Thnaks for your assistance.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your web browser?

What do you see instead of the expected Flash content?  Can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

What do you mean "starts to bomb"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use both IE and Focfire.

Thanks for getting back to us, this is driving us crazy!

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tony,

Please try installing from these installers.  If you continue to have problems, please send email to ccampbel@adobe.com and I can work with you to resolve this asap.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines