• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I roll back a partial update to version 9?

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I started to install hotfix APSB 12-26. I downloaded the files, unzipped them and followed the instructions on this page. I got as far as going into the console, clicking the "i", adding the hf900-00009.jar file and clicking the "submit changes" button.

I restarted all services.

For various reasons, which I won't bore you with here, I wasn't able to go any further with the installation of the hotfix, so I did not change anything else about our installation of CF9.

Since this we have had some odd problems with our websites which might have been caused by this partial installation of the hotfix. I would like to uninstall whatever it was that adding the .jar file did, but I can't find any information about how to do it.

I checked our backups from the day before I attempted the update and the folder than now contains the hf900-00009.jar file and a file called empty.txt has just the empty.txt file in it. Should I simply delete the .jar file and then click the "submit changes" button, or is there more to it than that?

As you can tell, I am a complete beginner when it comes to administrating ColdFusion, so I appreciate any help you can give me. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Hi Lewis,

As there are 2 sections and you mentioned it that you did not complete the process of updation, then you can simply replace the CFIDE folder and remove the .jar file from update folder and restart the ColdFusion Application service that will do it,.

If you followed the Sections 1, then removing the .jar file and restart the service will roll back the update. however if you followed the Section 2 then I need to know whether you have replace the files in "lib" folder or not. If you did tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lewis,

As there are 2 sections and you mentioned it that you did not complete the process of updation, then you can simply replace the CFIDE folder and remove the .jar file from update folder and restart the ColdFusion Application service that will do it,.

If you followed the Sections 1, then removing the .jar file and restart the service will roll back the update. however if you followed the Section 2 then I need to know whether you have replace the files in "lib" folder or not. If you did that then it's hard to roll back, however if you took the backup of "lib" folder then you can replace it with that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Priyank,

I ONLY did the first section where you add the .jar file by clicking the blue "i" in the top of the Manager.

I have also realised that I have written the wrong update here - the one I was doing was APSB13-03. The procedure is very similar though.

So... to fix the problem I should delete the file hf900-00009.jar from the C:\coldfusion9\updates folder and then restart the ColdFusion services?

I did not overwrite or change any other folder, and I did not do section 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it's easy, you can just go to this folder C:\coldfusion9\updates, remove the .jar file and restart the server. Login and check the update level.

NOTE: Please make sure you take the backup of "LIB" and "CFIDE" folder both.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now done that, and the server seems to be running normally - also the update level is the same as our other server which I didn't try to apply the hotfix to.

The problem we have been having is only seen by users of the website, so I can't tell you if doing this has helped, but I will come back in a few days and let you know.

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick note to say that since I followed your advice and rolled back the partial update all the problems we had been having with our site have disappeared and everything is back to normal.

Thank you once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am glad that everything is working fine for you.

Regards

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation