Copied

I will try to make this short...

I have the following:

Windows 7

Office 2010

Presenter 8 (8.0.1 build 260)

Acrobat Reader XI

IE9

I have published countless pdf's from Presenter without a hitch until recently.

When opening the pdf I am greeted with a flash error warning, so I check my pc for flash and everything is installed and working correctly.

What can it be I here you ask?

I decide to re-install Flash, so I un-install the version I have and using IE9 I go to Adobe.com and install the latest version (11.6.602.168).

This is the Active X version I here you all cry in unison!

Yes it is!

It is the version installed when you are using Windows 7 with IE9.

BUT

This version does not open my pdf's created with Presenter.

I have to download the Flash plugin for other browsers!

AHHHHHHHH!

When did this happen?

I am certain that when I last created pdf's from Presenter the standard flash plugin was able to open my files...

I have hundreds of students who may all have to download an alternative plugin because the IE9 active x plugin does not open the pdf.

This means downloading an alternative browser and installing flash from within or me sending a link out with the pdf's.

This cannot be right... surely.

please tell me I am doing something wrong and there is a simple solution or point me in the right direction...

thx

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

As per this KB Document : http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-acrobat-flash-player-download.html

Latest version of Adobe Reader and Acrobat no longer bundles a Flash Player with the application for the purposes of rendering Flash technology content within the page.

You need to install Adobe Flash Player plugin to view Flash content on a PDF

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thx Vikram

Are there any plans to go back to how it was?

It's messy and unclear to users where to go and which plugin to get, but thx for the definitive answer

I spent 2 hours on the phone to Adobe Platinum support who were unable to give a complete explanation such as yours...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources