• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with recording and slidenumbering widget with polish letters.

Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have got a problem in cpt 5.5 and probably the same in 6.

I want to record a training animation. Problem is  that this course needs to have a slidenumbering widget.

Course is in polish and we have some special letters which uses windows ctrl a, ctrl e etc. Now if i am writng something while recording it is on one slide, but if am writing with polish letter every ctrl a,e,s is a separate slide. Is there anyway to avoid it so slidenumbering widget will have correct slide number?

Regards Grzegorz Pijas

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not understand the question: numbers are the same in Polish, so you are probably pointing to another widget? Or do you talk about 'page' in Polish?

Why not just use system variables in a text container, at least if you have no problems typing normal text? You can display that text container for the rest of the project, so it will be visible on each slide. You'll have to use cpInfoCurrentSlide and cpInfoSlideCount. Use the X button in the Format accordion of the text container (I call it that way because you can use both a Text Caption or a drawing shape for it) to insert the numbers. Result in edit mode will look like (in English):

Page $$cpInfoCurrentSlide$$ out of $$cpInfoSlideCount$$ slides

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thx for answer about page number.

The bigger problem is about making a training animation with inputing some text.

If text is like abcde its ok cause it will be on one slide. How about polish letters like ą,ę,ś?

Its ctrl a, e and s. Captivate makes additional slides for every letter. So an excercise looks like on this slide please input cze, on another slide please input ś, and on a last slide please input ć... But cześć is one word and should be on one slide.

Is there anyway to make all those letters on one slide?

Regards

Grzegorz Pijas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you insert those characters in the Correct HUD for a Text Entry Box? Because normally for a training simulation there should be a TEB generated, are you telling that is not the case?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to record a training animation and type a word cześć

You will get a three slides with Text Entry Box.

1 for cze, second for ś, and third for ć.

Is there any way to record it on one slide?

Best regards.

Grzegorz Pijas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Grzegorz,

I do not have a Polish keyboard to try, but could you please answer my question? I can enter Correct Entries in the HUD for a TEB that contain special characters like 'Ʊ' or 'ƻ'. Can you do the same? Because in that case you could change the properties of the TEB on the first slide to accept the whole word, and just delete the other two slides. There are a lot of problems to deal with if you need a language that is not available as CP-language, I know about that (Dutch-speaking), just trying to offer you a workaround. And I'd recommend to enter a feature request, always struggling little bit alone to have more consideration for us, international users.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources