• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to know if it's possible to install adobe creative cloud on secondary HDD

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a desktop set up with and SSD and an HDD

I initially wanted to have my OS just installed on the SSD but then whe I got Creative Cloud it automatically installed it there too. Now i have to space on my SSD and i can't use any of the programs.

I need Creative Cloud to be installed in the HDD that is inside of my desktop computer. Is this possible.?

Or am i gonna have to get a bigger SSD so I can re-install windows and Adobe creative suite.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best option would be to get a bigger SSD.  As soon as you utilize a standard hard drive to run the applications you loose most of the advantages of having an SSD.

You can customize the installation location though within the Preferences settings in the Adobe Application Manager.  You will want to uninstall the application using the proper method for whichever operating system you are using.  Which operating system do you have installed btw? 

Once you have removed the software you can reinstall and the preferences set in the Adobe Application Manager will then be utilized.  Please also be aware that temp files as well as shared components will always need to be installed on the drive which contains the operating system installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff, I think that will solve my problem for the time being, I eventually want to get a bigger SSD but as a quick fix i will do this until I save up for a decent size SSD, you know they run a bit pricey.

I am running Windows 7 professional 64 bit right now.

I'm assuming that in order to have creative cloud re-installed I have to deactivate the subscription through my SSD so I can re-download and install to the HDD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to deactivate.  Just run the uninstaller through the Programs & Features control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines