• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot perform web service invocation...

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This web service has been working correctly for five months but began to fail intermittenly with this error, requiring a restart of the JRun server instance hosting ColdFusion 8. Any ideas?

"Error","jrpp-4","06/10/08","11:54:44","MCTDmasterEntryJ2EE",
"Cannot perform web service invocation getOrder.The fault returned when invoking the web service operation is:<br> <pre>
AxisFault faultCode: { http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultSubcode: faultString: coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException: [java.lang.ClassCastException : cf.egov.EXTWSsSSL.EgovOrder]
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail: {}coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException:null { http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException: [java.lang.ClassCastException : cf.egov.EXTWSsSSL.EgovOrder] at coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFComponentSkeleton.__createCFCInvocationException(CFComponentSkeleton.java:723) at coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFComponentSkeleton.__cast(CFComponentSkeleton.java:408) at cf.egov.extWSsSSL.DASstorefront.getOrder(D:\JRun4\servers\94_CFMX3\cfusion\cf\egov\EXTWSsSSL\DASstorefront.cfc) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.j... The specific sequence of files included or processed is: D:\JRun4\servers\95_CFMX3\cfusion\cf\egov\EXTWSsSSL\test-getOrder().cfm, line: 49 "
coldfusion.xml.rpc.ServiceProxy$ServiceInvocationException: Cannot perform web service invocation getOrder.
at coldfusion.xml.rpc.ServiceProxy.invokeImpl(ServiceProxy.java:230)
at coldfusion.xml.rpc.ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceProxy.java:143)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2211)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.InvokeTag.doEndTag(InvokeTag.java:417)
at cftest2dgetOrder28292ecfm715990253.runPage(D:\JRun4\servers\95_CFMX3\cfusion\cf\egov\EXTWSsSSL\test-getOrder().cfm:49)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:192)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:366)
at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:279)
at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:74)
at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
at coldfusion.filter.RequestThrottleFilter.invoke(RequestThrottleFilter.java:126)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:175)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found an answer for this problem?

Because I have a similair problem. I'll talk about the background.

Through the use of a webservice I call a service object called SecuritySO and a method in there called signOn. In the method signOn everything works like a charm and in the end it returns a structure called user.

That's when the above error is thrown.

I use ColdFusion 8.01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2008 Sep 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No resolution yet for this issue and still have Adobe technical support trying to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2008 Sep 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue in CF 7. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue?  I'm experiencing the same thing with CF 8.01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you verified that remote debugging is turned off on the server?  a <br><pre> tag looks a little suspicious in your error statement.  Make sure all in-line debugging options are turned off and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2010 Feb 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having a similar problem with our CF7-based web service. It works fine after restarting the server for a while, then one of our clients starts getting the following (obviously server-side) error:

faultDetail:

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException: [java.lang.ClassCastException : tafkan.remote_api.pfapi.v.trunk.rsp_void]

at coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFComponentSkeleton.__createCFCInvocationException(CFComponentSkeleton.java:714)

at coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFComponentSkeleton.__cast(CFComponentSkeleton.java:405)

at remote_api.pfapi.v.trunk.pfapi.assign_roles_to_user([...]/tafkan/trunk/remote_api/pfapi/v/trunk/pfapi.cfc)

This seems to be happening on a createObject('component', 'rsp_void') call. rsp_void.cfc lives in the same directory as pfapi.cfc, but it looks like it's coming up with two different names for this object and thinks it can't cast one to the other.

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you guys are attempting to pass native Coldfusion types like an XML document object or a struct as an argument to the web service. In general, that wouldn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No all of the arguments to my webservice cfc's are simple objects or arrays and the consuming application is PHP not CF. This is a completely intermittent issue that when arises continues until the CF service is restarted and is something that Adobe will need troubleshoot and fix. Unfortunately I was unwilling to pay the big bucks to get Adobe to officially look into this and have resorted to just restarting the webserver once in a while when the issue arises since the web service is not mission critical to my business. I'm hoping that Adobe will have axed this issue with Cold Fusion 9 since it's been reported numerous times and makes running a production web service under CF impossible.

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear hear!

We already rewrote our entire API to remove the structs we were using in the first version. We have simple scalers, arrays, and CFC datatypes, and the whole API works great until it doesn't.

We're now trying to fully-qualify all of our custom type references to see if we can get around this seemingly ambiguous naming problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meddle69 wrote:

No all of the arguments to my webservice cfc's are simple objects or arrays and the consuming application is PHP not CF.

That's the kind of thing I was warning against. What you call simple objects or arrays in Coldfusion may turn out to be neither simple objects nor arrays when they enter the web service or when they are converted into other languages. The surest bets are strings and numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to mention that I've cross-posted this discussion at the following places:

http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/thread.cfm/threadid:60922 (this is the most active discussion)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2300776/serious-intermittent-problem-with-cf-web-service

Also, we've gotten nowhere on this. Our next step is to start evaluating alternative CFML servers. I'm really tired of Adobe's Coldfusion and it's closed-source, inscrutable, unsolvable problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know this is an old post but I am hoping someone has found a solution to this problem. My site is on CF 8. We have a webservice that a .NET application is consuming and they get this error intermittently - for no reason - and restarting the services is the only solution currently.

Is there no programmatic way of resolving this issue? Has anyone tried programmatically clearing the template cache when this error occurs and then retrying the webservice. Any help on this will be DEEPLY appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p_cfdeveloper, we never found a solution to this problem other than to drop SOAP completely. We re-wrote our webservice in a RESTful style with simple JSON inputs and outputs. Now it operates just like any other request to CF, with no magical SOAP craziness. It works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

p_cfdeveloper wrote:

Hi, I know this is an old post...

Yes, four and a half years is very old in software terms. So, start your own - new! - thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation