Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Compiled help won't display

Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Webhelp project was working fine until yesterday. Now, when I compile the help, I don't get an error message but when I click View Result, IE 8 can't display it! It tries a couple times and then gives up. I am using Windows XP Professional and RoboHelp HTML 10. Any thoughts as to what's wrong? (BTW, I've tried double-clicking the main help file from Windows Explorer as well, with the same result.) Mozilla Firefox 12 DOES display the file.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried viewing with any other browsers? Did you enable Mark of the Web for IE viewing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can view it in Firefox 12. I have not used "Mark of the Web" -- how would I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's set in your SSL recipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have to dumb it down for me--I know there's a subfolder called !SSL! but beyond that you're talking Greek. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find where to enable "Mark of the Web" when I'm compiling, but it was already turned on. IE still won't display help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SSL = Single Source Layouts (pod) - glad that you found it

If it's not MOTW then, did any settings in your IE change that aren't letting you view local htm files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose the company could have done an update that caused a change in my settings--I didn't deliberately change them. You've helped identify it as an IE problem, at any rate--thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just process of elimination, Watson </grin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp