• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

please help?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have uninstalled and installed flash player 11 on my macbook air like 4 times and still cant get it to work, cant watch any videos online or listen to pandora. i need help with this issue. i am using the latest version of safari also.  it says plug in blocked where video should be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

There should definitely be files in your /Library/Internet Plug-ins/ folder.  Please make sure you are checking at the root of your hard drive and not in your user folder.

When in Finder, press the Command + Shift + G key combination.  This should bring up the "Go to the folder" dialog.  Enter "/Library/Internet Plug-ins/".  Do you see Flash Player.plugin listed (or any other file with the word "flash" in it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see Flash Player related files in in the Library > Internet Plug-in folder?

If No, your installation is not successful. You need to install Flash Player again.

If yes, go to Safari > Preferences.

In the Security tab, select Enable Plugins and Enable JavaScript.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i checked in libary> internet plug-in folder and nothing is there, java and plugins are also enabled. idk what i could be doing wrong, i uninstalled and installed a fresh dl of flash player from adobe website. thank you sooo much for your help im completely puzzled by this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i go on youtube to watch a video it says blocked plugin so when i click on it it says this " The version of “Adobe Flash Player” on your system does not include the latest security updates and has been blocked. To continue using “Adobe Flash Player”, download an updated version from Adobe’s website." i didnt download from youtubes link to adobe, i went to adobe's actual website. i have tried everything i know how to do with this issue, i just recently switched over to mac from windows, am i doing something wrong? it says installation complete once i install but no items are in the internet plugin folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should definitely be files in your /Library/Internet Plug-ins/ folder.  Please make sure you are checking at the root of your hard drive and not in your user folder.

When in Finder, press the Command + Shift + G key combination.  This should bring up the "Go to the folder" dialog.  Enter "/Library/Internet Plug-ins/".  Do you see Flash Player.plugin listed (or any other file with the word "flash" in it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your help, i just got it straightened out i had to uninstall a previous version and install the latest release. i was looking in user folder not root folder. i switched from windows to mac about a month ago and im just getting used to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear you got it sorted out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines