• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did it go?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 Ultimate with Firefox 18.0.2.  I downloaded Flash Player 11.6.602.168.  However I cannot find it or run it and windows does not associate it.  I can see it in the uninstall listings only not in "all programs."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

The file name of the projector is flashplayer_11_sa.exe; I suggest that you move it to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Right-click on any .swf file and select 'Open with...', then browse to the projector location, and select flashplayer_11_sa.exe as the program to open the file.  Before clicking OK, check 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file'.  This will make a permanent file association between .swf files and the projector.

あなたの日本語はどうですか?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is not an executable program, but a browser plugin.  Can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

If you need a player for local .swf files, download the standalone player (Projector) from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Note that this download is the player, not an installer, so you will need to make the file association manually.

Gambatte!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like a player for local .swf files. (Since you obviously know some Japanese, it is for a Japanese file.)  I tried the download page you suggested, however, I got the same download except this time it was install_flashplayer11x32_mssa_aih.exe instead of the 64 version.  The new one disappeared from my download listing after I installed it.  My Windows system is 32 or 64.  How do I get to the player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOps!  I think I found it.  I saw the debugger and overlooked the projector, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the projector and after a bit of maneuvering (because my file was too deep in the downloads) I managed to open the file.  However, Windows still does not recognize it as a program (I have to run it fresh each time).  Therefore I cannot associate the projecter with .swf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file name of the projector is flashplayer_11_sa.exe; I suggest that you move it to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Right-click on any .swf file and select 'Open with...', then browse to the projector location, and select flashplayer_11_sa.exe as the program to open the file.  Before clicking OK, check 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file'.  This will make a permanent file association between .swf files and the projector.

あなたの日本語はどうですか?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

どもありがとうございました。 I did as you suggested and everything is

working perfectly!! I am using it for 一休さんととら。

I have been reading Japanese stories on my Kindle. I purchased them

from The Japan Shop through Amazon. They recently offered me a download

which included an .swf file. It is really cool! I don't know what your

level of Japanese is or your interest, but these are really good

learning tools. I'm an old man that has been studying Japanese for

about 50 years off and on but I still consider myself only an advanced

beginner. Nevertheless, I want to keep reading Japanese for pleasure

because I don't want my present knowledge to have been entirely wasted.

Jim M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy that you got it working!

I have been living in Japan for more than 25 years now, and I would describe my Japanese level quite similar as yours.

It helps of course when you use the language every day, but it is still hard to acquire new vocabulary without active studying.  I will check out 一休さん.

All the best to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines