• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Adobe sneak Google software into Flash Player updates?

Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe sneak Google Toolbar and Google Chrome into Flash Player updates?  I am tired of waiting for this alien software to download and, in some cases, having to uninstall it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why do we tolerate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't like this yet tolerate it becaue ADOBE is unconcerned with OUR opinions and there is no suitable replacement for Flash or Reader as of yet.  However, I am certain that the "Land of Opportunity" will soon provide an alternative to accepting this deceiptful practice and we will abandon Adobe Flash en mass.  Only when this policy affects the price of stocks will Management take this seriously.  Once it hits their pocketbooks, they will take notice but the question then will be "is it too late?"  I am also looking for alternatives to Google and would appreciate any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the latest version of Flash Player, in which it gave me the option to skip the alien Google software (thank you Adobe).  So far I see no sign of Google Toolbar or Google Chrome on my machine.  Happy days!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding this too - very annoying. The new installation procedure gives you no choice except to install Chrome. I've just done an update today and it gave me no choice. It would be interesting to know how Rubicon's experience differed from the rest of us. By contrast, to add insult to injury, Adobe no longer supports Flash for Google Android phones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe - Would you please end this extremely annoying feature of the Flash Updater.  If I wanted Google  Chrome I would install it myself without being reminded by your frequent updates.  At least make it default to unticked rather than ticked.  It is getting to the point now where I don't bother to update flash at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines