• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nook Simple Touch

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently purchased a Nook Simple Touch, I thought I'd upgrade from my Sony to this.  Well it's anything but simple.  I've been in contact with the Nook support about downloading books from the library and copying them to the Nook.

When I download them, I can't authorize my NOOK because it tells me "activation server error Code: E_AUTH_NOT_Ready"

I'm quickly getting frustrated and have tried so many time and spent so many hours, I'm about to give up.  Please help in laymen's terms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that you have got the computer activated and the books downloaded to the computer:

The Nook may have got half activated.  In that case, deactivate it using ctrl-shift-E while in Library view ADE with the Nook plugged in.

Then restart ADE (maybe not needed) and try to activate the Nook again.

If it is the computer that won't activate, similar story.

Use ctrl-shift-D in ADE library view to deactivate the computer.  Restart ADE and reactivate the computer.

If you still have issues, try using the older more reliable ADE 1.7.2 instead.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  You're a true lifesave to my stress levels and hair.  You're suggestion was wonderful!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent.  Could you please let us know which bit worked for you, it may help others in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines