• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot reinstall PS5 on the same PC

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I have reinstalled my PC with Win7 Ultimate (clean install)

As I was having some problems after installing PS5 as well, I uninstalled it from Programs and Features to reinstall it.

Now I cannot reinstall it any more.

I checked with the 'Advisor' and it keeps saying I should first uninstall CS4 or CS5 though I never had CS4 and Photoshop has been uninstalled and the PC rebooted.

I do still have a LR3.6 installation, though, which I finally got working properly after trying twice as well and do not want to uninstall that.

The error I get:

PS5.png

Advisor.png

Can somebody please advise?

Thanks and grts

Nil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Seak and you will find...

• Removed the unmoving PS with Revo Uninstaller - a tip on the Technet site and works like a charm doing what the Cleaner Tool completely failed to do.
  • Today tried reinstalling > installer cannot initialize
  • Removed everything of Adobe > dito
  • Went looking for that message on the internet and found this on this same forum:

Solution PS.png

• The original person having a very similar problem had been on the phone to India hours and days on end without any result, among others having to do what I t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, uninstall any cs programs that have installed (if there are any).

then, run the cleaner:  http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer and then try reinstalling ps cs5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Can I be sure this is not going to kill my Lightroom?

I have just been manually cleaning up the registry of anything CS that I could find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are no guarantees but, it's a lot less likely to cause a problem than manually editing the registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I tried... Iguess there are indeed no guarantees...

Wwhile rebooting after the cleanup windows crashed and would not reboot... repaired it for the time being but Adobe installer is still giving the same message... no go...

I had no problems rebooting after my  manual cleanup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you had a windows crash, you need to completely fix that before doing anything else.

rollback your system to a time when everything was working with your os or reinstall your os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I sound a bit cynical when I say 'Why, now, didn't I think of that?'

Did that a while back now and the computer has been reset to a time it still had Photoshop - so I will take it from there...

Thanks and grts

Nil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm glad your problem appears resolved.  good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

No, the problem is not solved at all...

Sorry if I sounded a bit grumpy but this thing is really giving my nerves a workout.

And - I did not expect a crash either... I have uninstalled and reinstalled my previous version CS2 several times under other Windows versions, among others on a Vista laptop to see if it would be ok - no problem at all. Same with PS5. The only differece now is that my Win7 is 64 bits and I start wondering if that is not the problem... PS installed the 64 bits too as far as I could see but something has gone awfully wrong...

Windows is fine now and everything in and around it working fine too as long as I don't go anywhere near PS. After the last repair of Windows mentioned here I tried the Clear Tool again - and all went down again... Another repair...

At the moment I am giving myself a break from it all but to me PS and LR are the most important things on the PC. All else I could do from my laptop as well... I am playing with the idea that reinstalling Win7 all over again will be the only way to get rid of it and reinstall (and see if it goes any better)... but well - all that work all over again? Not an attractive idea...

If you have any more ideas what I could try, I'm open to suggestions...

An addition on tuesday:

Anybody any idea where I can download the trial version of Photoshop CS5?

Wherever I look, it starts saying CS5 and then I end up on a site with CS6....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ssnnil if your installer is failing to initialize then please review the PDApp.log file.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret the log file at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Also you can download CS5 at http://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html.  Please make sure to complete the Very Important Instructions section prior to scrolling down the page and clicking on the download links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips, Jeff

In the meantime, just to check, I have installed PS on the laptop where last month I had installed Windows 8 and it works like a clockwork there. The difference between my Win7 and Win8 is that the Win8 was installed as 32bits. Which kind of confirms my suspicion that the 64bits installation of PS may be the trouble... Sure, I may be wrong... I hope we will find out by and by...

The laptop is certainly not a permanent solution as every digital photographer will tell you... and anyway, with only 2 gb RAM it can take the installation and even works faster than ever but it won't work very long before I have to reboot to be able to go on...

I will wait with the download, by the way - it may cause even more damage at this point as I just have no way to uninstall PS first... But it is good to know where I can find it...

Thanks and regards

Nil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Found the log files (2) and had a look at them but they are rather beyond me, I'm afraid. I can only see that the first one has one warning at the end and the second one a whole bunch of errors (that's the one that went completely haywire)... But grasp it so far that I can act on it? I'm afraid, no... Certainly not without maybe making things worse if that's possible... anyway, each time I touch PS, my computer goes into convulsions so I'm keeping my hands off it for the time being...

Is there a way I can send the log files over so you or someone else has a look at them and advise me? Or is that not done on the community forum? It is a lot of info x 2 to just paste it here...

Regards

Nil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please don't post your logs to the forum as they don't format well to the forum.  You are welcome to run the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ and choose the package from support option.  You will then be given a token number which you can post to the thread and then myself or another Adobe employee can then review the log files when we have the opportunity.

The key to reviewing the logs though is to search on ERROR and FATAL and then do a search in the Adobe knowledgabase which is linked in the document in message #10.  Hopefully this helps if you wish to continue to explore the source of your difficulties on your own.

Finally you may want to also consider working directly with our support team.  They can review the log files for you and provide direct assistance as opposed to the one to many support provided in the forums.  You can contact our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - I will have another look at this tomorrow. But I think that maybe the sensible thing to do would be to contact support indeed if I am no wiser after going through the log again...

Thanks for your help, Jeff 

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seak and you will find...

• Removed the unmoving PS with Revo Uninstaller - a tip on the Technet site and works like a charm doing what the Cleaner Tool completely failed to do.
  • Today tried reinstalling > installer cannot initialize
  • Removed everything of Adobe > dito
  • Went looking for that message on the internet and found this on this same forum:

Solution PS.png

• The original person having a very similar problem had been on the phone to India hours and days on end without any result, among others having to do what I tried before finding this simple solution - remove all of Adobe...
  • It is reinstalled and fine now

I do hope having this simple solution on several places might help someone else to find it without having to spend some days of workout and grumbling...

Regards

Nil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent thanks for the update Ssnnil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines