Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Causes IE to Lockup After Sysprep

Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to build a corp image that includes flash.  I have the master computer setup and all works well, then I run sysprep and deploy it to a new computer.  On the new computer flash does not work, IE 8 locks up for 1-2 minutes anytime you try to access a page that uses Flash.  Uninstalling and reinstalling Flash fixes the problem.

Another strange thing I noticed, when you look at the manage ad-ons screen in IE, Flash doesn't show up at all, yet it is clearly installed, it does appear in the control pannel.

Any idea what is going on?

We are running Windows 7, IE 8 and the latest build for flash 11.4.402.265.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having the same issue with Windows 7 and IE9. I have built two new images and when I run through sysprep on a new image the first user account I create and try to access IE9 with it freezes up on me. The only way I have fixed it is by removing Adobe Flash Player and re-installing it. I build a new image every month or so and this is the first time we have ever had a problem with Flash Player and Windows 7. We are also running the laest Flash Player 11.4.402.265..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting, nice to know it isn’t just me.  I assume this is a bug with 11.4.  I tried rolling back to 11.2 and it works as expected.  Have you been successful with 11.3, if so which build?  Given the amount of time it takes to test it would be really nice to have a starting point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also very interested in knowing if this started with 11.4 or if it was present in 11.3.  I'd also recommend opening a new bug on this at bugbase.adobe.com.  Please post back with the bug URL or number so that others can add their votes and comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like version 11.3.300.270 works correctly with sysprep.  Pretty sure this is a bug with the version 11.4 builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Bug title is Adobe Flash Player 11.4 Causes IE to lockup after Sysprep Windows 7 and the Bug# is 3320658. Here is the direct URL https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3320658

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for adding the bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sphbecker04 wrote:

It looks like version 11.3.300.270 works correctly

Maybe you should try 11.3.300.271, which contains some security fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can we get 11.3.300.270 from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris,

I've downloaded fp_11.3.300.271_archive but it seems to not have actual flash player. It has flash plugins and ActiveX installers. Is there one in particular I'm supposed to be looking for?Flash.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unizp and then navigate into the into the 11.3r300_271 folder.  From there, use the installer for the browser you are using

Internet Explorer: flashplayer11_3r300_271_winax.exe

Other browsers: flashplayer11_3r300_271_win.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me or has this issue been re-introduced in Flash 11.5 ?

I'm seeing the same problem after sysprep on several Win7x64 machines...IE works fine on my base images prior to sysprep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated one of our 32-bit windows 7 images with Flash 11.5.502.135 and I encountered this same issue.  Had not tried on 64-bit yet.  On master image before running sysprep everything was working fine on any page containing flash content.  After deploying the syspreped image to a machine, IE hangs when opening any page containing flash content.  Removing flash, disabling the flash add-in, or installing an older version as suggested above corrected.  Thank you Chris for posting the link to the archived versions above!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue still happening with version Flash 11.5.502.146 on any Windows 7 that has run sysprep.

Does anyone have an update on when this will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try out 11.6 labs release to see if this still occurs?  We made a fix in 11.6 that should correct these types of symptoms in IE.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i can confirm that version 11.6.602.161 does not have the issue.

Do you know when is 11.6 coming out of Beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know.  If everything goes to plan, it should be sometime next week.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that the problem has been fixed in version 11.6.602.168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines