Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing PSE11 on MacBook

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I can't install PSE11 on my Mac. It tells me that I don't meet the requirements. How am I supposed to know which of hte 20+ requirements I don't meet? I'm not very savy with this stuff, so I hope someone out there is patient enough to help me through this.

Thank you-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

you need mac os X v10.6 to v10.8

that model shipped with osX v10.5 though it can be upgraded to v10.6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what macbook model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question. My friend gave it to me, so all i know is that it is a MacBook. I went to the Finder for info, but can't come up with a model number anywhere. Told you I wasn't savy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to identify MacBook Pro models

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4132

Which operating system? Apple menu > About This Mac > More Info

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1529

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAT'S where I saw it! Thank you- I thought it was in the Finder. Hmmmm...maybe I don't have enough memory? 

Model Name:MacBook

Model Identifier:MacBook4,1

Processor Name:Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed:2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors:1

Total Number Of Cores:2

L2 Cache:3 MB

Memory:2 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need mac os X v10.6 to v10.8

that model shipped with osX v10.5 though it can be upgraded to v10.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again-

I've been looking into upgrading. Something suggests that I back up everything on my external HD. I have everything but my music backed up. It won't let me and says that the drive can't be modified. What does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your external harddrive full?

is your external harddrive formatted with the same file system as your mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not full and it has been formatted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open two finder windows and drag your music folder from your current harddrive to your external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how I tried to do it, and it gives me that error message. So I did some digging and it looks like the drive isn't formatted for the Mac. Which is strange because I thought I did when I first go it so that I could backup my photos.

So here's my next question: will I lose all of the current files on my hard drive if I format it now? I'm asking because it looks like I need to backup my music before I upgrade the Mac.

I better like PSE11 after all of this and I better create some kick-ass photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you reformat any drive, ALL files and folders will be lost and pretty close to un-recoverable on that drive.

if you used a backup program to back-up your mac osX 10.5 onto that external harddrive, you might be able to back-up your music using that same program.

if you have no useful data on that external harddrive, you can reformat it and use it for mac storage. 

before giving the final ok when reformatting, double check that you are reformatting exactly the drive that has nothing useful on it.  then check again and maybe even have someone else look at what you're doing and confirm you're reformatting the drive you want to reformat. 

i think i would be close to suicidal if i reformatted a drive with crucial data that i had no easy way to replace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for your input. luckily, i have two externals that both hold my photos. so i could reformat one without fear of losing my photos. i'll give it a go this week.

thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome and, good luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines