• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Flash player causes computer to forget folder views

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I update the Flash player my computer forgets all my folder view settings.  The icons in all my folders aren't in the position that I put them and Windows refuses to remember any further changes to position or type of view (Tiles/Details/etc).  Windows forgetting folder views happens to many Vista users and I use the standard fix to the registry.  This works but the problem always reoccurs the very next time I update.  Can anyone offer a suggestion on what is the matter?  This is a tremendous bother for me.

Flash Player version: 11.6.602.168

Windows Vista (64-bit)

Mozilla Firefox

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tron314 wrote:

I use the standard fix to the registry.

I wonder what that is?

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link describing the procedure to make Vista remember folder view settings:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70819-windows-explorer-folder-view-settings.html

Here are the registry changes from a .reg file on the website.  Below I upped the BagMRU Size to 65,535 because I have more than 50,000 folders on my C: drive.

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell]

"BagMRU Size"=dword:0000ea60

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell]

"FolderType"="NotSpecified"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

I hope someone from the engineering team has an explanation regarding the reset you experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines