Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with updating Adobe Flash Player: Timeout 47%

Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been trying to update Google Chrome with the new Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.168, however every attempt has failed with the error message: "Timeout" or "Cannot contact reliable source" at 47% completion (The installer jumps from 7% to this error).
I have searched the net for solutions however all links concerning uninstallations, offline installers, etc. can either not be accessed or download. This is very frustrating. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection, I have 20Mbs on speedtest.net however the attempt to download a 685kbit uninstaller or offline installer simply fails.

ie. This was a link to an alternative installer supplied by a mod on another, older post: install_flash_player.exe 0.0/15.7 MB, 4 hours. But the download refuses to progress, it stays at 0.0 and there is nothing wrong with my internet connection.ie.

: uninstall_flash_player.exe 71.0/685 KB, 17 minutes. Fails to progress and lingers on that 71 KB.

I use Windows 64-bit and use Google Chrome however this problem appears on Internet Explorer as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to the offline installers can be found at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

The uninstaller link can be found at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_F...

I just downloaded the uninstaller and the two offline installers; the uninstaller took less than 1 second, the installers took about 5 seconds each.

This is slower than usual; normally the installers also download within less than 1 second.

But since we are both outside of the US, me in Japan, and you somewhere in Europe, the connections to the various locations may make the difference.

My suggestion: try again today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

P.S. Chrome uses its own Flash Player version; you cannot update it using normal means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines