• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using Adobe Acrobat X Version 10.1.4 and upon creating pdf documents of different sizes I get the error message: "An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person hwo created the PDF document to correct the problem."

I am the person creating the pdf document but do not know what to do, I have tried saving with different options, but no use the error message keeps popping up even though the document displays correctly.

Thank you for your assistance.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Thanks for sending the files. I have verified the issue and have logged internal bugs for the same .

Meanwhile, I found a workaround for this issue . You can create a combined file as follows :

- Open one of the files .

- Open thumbnail pane of the file via Left hand tools pane .

- Go to options and Insert the second(or subsequent) files to the opened file using "Insert Pages" menu option.

- Save the file.

Also, refer the screenshot.

This file does not show the error on page.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try running one of the PreFlight scripts to look for errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. How do I run PreFlight scripts? I use a Hungarian language version, logged out and logged back in with English but could not find PreFlight in the menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I wasn't concise earlier. The problems comes up when I combine a pdf document containing A4 size pages with another pdf containing A0 or non standard size page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have AA Std, I do not think preflight is available. If it is available, it would be listed under the TOOLS menu. How did you combine the files, but "insert document pages" or some other method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your efforts. I have Adobe Acrobat X pro, attached is a file showing the TOOL menu with the program started in Egnlishtools menu.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are compined with "Combine files into PDF"

I open en empty window, "Combine files into PDF" from the menu, a dialog pops up where I add the files to be combined, when I execute the command the files scanned previously into various pdf files are combined and the error message pops up.

The error comes up when I combine pdf files with different sizes or different orientation. The error message not only appears when I create the pdf file but will continue to pop up if any other user reads the file with the Reader. In spite of the error message the pdf displays correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be that one of the files you are combining has an error. The program is flagging the error but the error is probably minor enough that the document appears to render fine. In your combined file, find the page where you see the error. Now go back and open the source document from which this page orignated and see if that's the origin of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you AbhigyanModi, the source of all these files is paper, the paper is scanned with a professional Canon scanner using the scan to pdf function, and these pdfs are combined at a later time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. In that case, if you open these scanned documents outside of combine and scroll through them, do you still see errors? I am trying to understand if the problem is with the files that are being combined or the combine functionlity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open the uncombined documents before being combined I see no errors at at and do not get an error message. This is not an individual case but happens each and every time when I combine documents of different page sizes.

When I combine the documents I get the error message but the combined document is fine, everything is visible. The reason I want to get rid of the error message because the end users of the documents will get the error message too and they will think something went wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shall I enclose sample documents to see if you get the same error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please. That would be very helpful in understanding what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documents are prepared, but I do not seem to have the access rights to post documents. Please advise how I can send or post. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post documents on your own site, on acrobat.com, or other file sharing sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download link for the documents:

http://s3.toldacuccot.hu/letoltes?sid=13b72dcc60189a4ec3c6201992135a0d&file=recreatingeditingexporti...

You can download by clicking the "Letöltés" link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bug. (Technical details: two content streams are combined into one. There is implied white space between content streams but the combining function has simply concatenated without white space. One stream ends Q, another starts q, and the combined stream contains qQ.)

To the original poster: try using the Insert Pages function (using Tools > Pages). It is much older and unlikely to have new bugs like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry that you are facing a problem . The link you provided is blocked for access in my company . Please provide me the files as attachment to my email - amangala@adobe.com, to let me have a look at the issue.

-Apoorv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sending the files. I have verified the issue and have logged internal bugs for the same .

Meanwhile, I found a workaround for this issue . You can create a combined file as follows :

- Open one of the files .

- Open thumbnail pane of the file via Left hand tools pane .

- Go to options and Insert the second(or subsequent) files to the opened file using "Insert Pages" menu option.

- Save the file.

Also, refer the screenshot.

This file does not show the error on page.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines