• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining Robohelp Projects

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Robohelp 10.  I would like to combine two separate robohelp projects into one.  Is there any way of doing this?  Note I do not want to merge the projects using the merged TOC but rather have one robohelp project instead of two separate ones.  How could I go about doing this without importing each html file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way would be to import the HTM files of the topics from one project into another. You can use the File > Import menu item. Note that this will only import the physical topics. It does not bring in things like TOC entries, index keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless, of course, the Index keywords have been added to the topics as opposed to the Index file.

Keep combining and carry on... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure how helpful this will be to anyone but myself, but I'm going ahead anyway.

I recently merged four RoboHelp projects (~ 500 topics) into a single RoboHelp project. To do this, I did the following:

- Create a new, blank RoboHelp project.

- Paste all topics, images and baggege files in the new project directory.

- Paste the TOC files, index files too the RH project file.

- Copy contents from all map files and paste in into the new projects' map file.

- Merged all the alias files manually: open, copy all content without the top level and paste it into the new projects' alias file.

- Repeated this process for CBT's.

- Rebuild the .fpj files. (I have a script for that, I just haven't got around to creating the manual.)

- Trash the CPD and open the new project.

- Recreate the SSL in the project.

It took about 30 minutes and all content was transferred.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp