• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I easily add closed captions to a screen capture video?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings folks!

I am using Adobe Captivate 6.0 with OS Windows 7.  I am a teacher and I use Captivate to create online lectures.  I am using the "Record addtional slides" button to capture my screen.

record_button.png

Is there an easy way to create closed captions for this video file that is created? 

My searches have shown me how to caption a video if it is "inserted" into the slide (video --> insert video)...but not if I record the slide right into the document.

I am attaching a link to a final product, so you can see the layout of my lectures.  I am using captivate to create these lectures so that eventually, I can include activities (quizzes, etc) that follow the lecture content. 

Thank you so much for your help...it is critical that I am able to easily caption my content.

Wendy

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Which kind of slides do you insert? Video demo or Automatic?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri--

I record "video demo" with no panning.

Thank you for your response.

Wendy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how. I know that Adobe Presenter, Video creator now has this feature added (only for subscription users, do not have it myself) but I'm not aware this is the case for Captivate Video creator which has to be used to edit those video demo slides. Beware: maybe it is possible, but I don't see immediately how, it is not in the Audio menu of the video editor. Maybe in the cptx file itself but will be cumbersome to sync

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to Adobe Community.

You can add closed captions to the Video Demo. However, it only works with a separate audio file. If the audio is embedded in the video then it is not going to work as you will have to have another audio file to add closed captions.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone.  This is as I thought...

Wendy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi folks

So often I see folks getting caught in a mind trap with things and thinking there is only one possibility. (i.e. Closed Captioning)

Keep in mind that you are free to insert Text Captions or Smart Shapes and have them function in much the same manner as Closed Captions.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources