• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error "E.AUTH_NOT_READY" MESSAGE I AM TYRING TO DOWNLOAD EBOOKSFROM PUBLIC LIBRARY

Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a Sony reader and trying to access ebooks from public library, required me to download Adobe Digital Editions which I did then instructions from Library were to "Authorize Comuter" followed the prompts given and I get this message  "E.AUTH_NOT_READY"  so I cannot access the books I checked out and no one at the Public Library knows what this message is and I cannot seem to find a contact email address or a phone number for Adobe helpdesk. I am a novice at this and am very frustrated.  What is the problem???  I am starting to regret puchasing this ereader. I was told it was simple...I have beeen able to download and purchase a book from the SOny store and there was no problem. It seems to be with the Adobe and the Public Library

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are more likely to get an answer in the Digital Editions forum.

[topic moved to ADE forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way I got my wife's Sony (PRS-350) to work sensibly with Overdrive library books was to use ADE v1.7.2.

One of the myriad bugs in ADE2.0 is that the ADE2.0/Overdrive/PRS-350 combination does not work; ADE2.0 also has problems with other eReaders, especially in conjuction with Overdrive.

Uninstall ADE2.0 and install v1.7.2.

Irritatingly, you still need to install the Sony Reader software even if you don't use it, as it also contains a driver.

Worth the effort; we now both have PRS-350's working very well: cheap off ebay.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines