• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design View Replacement Found

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If like me you want to develop Flex applications with a Design View so you can actually see what you're doing as you code, check out IntelliJ and the Flash Designer UI plugin. It supports Flex 4.8+ and features a design view that runs in an AIR application. For me this is better than Flash Builder's previous design view since it now means I can code on one monitor and see the changes (in real-time too!!) in the design view app on my other monitor - essentially reducing development time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you happen to have any screen shots or anything? Sounds interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We haven't yet made the switch since we have no plans to use the new SDKs just yet. However today I found a way to enable Design View with the new SDKs, fully operational in Flash Builder 4.6. I had to remove the new SDKs from Flash Builder first, then edit the flex-sdk-description.xml file located in the SDK folder, changing the "version" value to "4.6.0". Then I re-added the SDK into Flash Builder and changed my existing project to the new SDK, and hey I had a fully operational Design View. I tried this with Flex SDK 4.9 and it works great. Worth a try if you want to be able to design applications using the latest SDKs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines