• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Settings not saved for PDF

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Presenter 8.01 build 260 (I installed the 8.02 update but it doesn't seem to have changed anything). All seems to be working fine when I publish to My Computer, but when I go to Adobe PDF and try and modify any of the settings there (including the path, audio and image quality), those changes aren't displayed or saved. It displays CD Quality and High (image quality) along with the default path, no matter what I select. Would anyone have any idea what I can do to get lower quality (and therefore smaller) PDFs?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

When you make the changes (Presentation Settings > Quality, or through the link on the publish dialog), Make sure that the setting you are changing is for publishing to PDF. There is a drop down at the top of the dialog to select making changes to My Computer, Adobe Connect, or PDF. If PDF is not selected, then the changes won't be reflected in publishing to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Does this happens with every presentation or with a specific presentation ?

Try a blank presentation and check.

Thanks,.

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram, Thank you - good suggestion. The same thing happens with a blank presentation. Clicking the Settings button in the main interface shows the correct settings, but in the Publish screen, Adobe PDF tab, I can't change from CD Quality and High image quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As a testing purpose, Is it possible to try using Adobe Presenter 8 from a different user account.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just tried the same thing on an older computer which still has Presenter 7.07 on it. The same thing happens - I cannot change the Adobe PDF quality from CD Quality and High image quality, to low quality. Can you confirm that you are, in fact, able to change these settings in the Adobe PDF tab? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I can customize the quality settings for Publishing to PDF. Presenter 8.0.1

PDF Quality.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jorma, that is useful information. I have no idea why that tab would be misbehaving in our work environment (on different computers, over different versions, no less!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, seems like an odd behavior. Hope you can find an answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have tried a computer, outside your work environment ?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just tried outside work evironment. Same result with even a blank presentation. Changing the settings only modifies the My Computer tab, and not the Adobe PDF tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you make the changes (Presentation Settings > Quality, or through the link on the publish dialog), Make sure that the setting you are changing is for publishing to PDF. There is a drop down at the top of the dialog to select making changes to My Computer, Adobe Connect, or PDF. If PDF is not selected, then the changes won't be reflected in publishing to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much - I cannot believe I hadn't noticed that drop-down before. How embarrassing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries, I can't believe it took me that long to think to mention it .

Glad that was the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources