• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application icons

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d129907d2886-8000.html

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New url for ios launch images:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/MobileHIG/IconsImages/IconsImages.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40006556-CH14-SW5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It differs a little from what you wrote here. For example, now it says in the documentation:

"For Spotlight search results on iPad, create two icons that measure:50 x 50 pixels", and than "Note that the final visual size of a Spotlight search results icon on iPad is 48 x 48 pixels"

So shouldn't it be ?

Could you clarify it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant:

So shouldn't it be in the xml: image50x50 rather than image48x48 ?

Could you clarify it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an error that is thrown when you try to remove the gloss / shine from the icon, this is the code I have:

Once I try to compile the app on the mobile device, I get an error:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

/private/var/folders/zn/znI7EuqSEoGgRID9pjCm-E+++TI/-Tmp-/AOT1334956651018/someApp-app.xml(238): error 103: application.iPhone is an unexpected element/attribute

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't know why the code dosen't show (try #2 - basically the same as the one indicated above):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you check if you have 2 iPhone tags in your app desciptor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are 100% right , there was another tag after scrolling down. My bad.   Thanks guys 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an Android equivalent to the "Launch Image" on iOS. The one that appears as the app is initializing. On Android, I just get a black screen while it loads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This document fails to clarify that if you already have an InfoAdditions node, you do not have to add a new one.

The code provided by Adobe to remove the gloss effect must go inside the existing node, before the UIDeviceFamily.

This is what worked for me:

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[<key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key><true/><key>UIDeviceFamily</key><array><string>2</string></array>]]></InfoAdditions>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doc fails in one more thing, in Flash CS6 you CANNOT edit the .xml before Publish, so you need to unpackage the .ipa with Air SDK command line, edit the .xml and package again the .ipa with the command line and signing again the .ipa (otherwise it won't be recognized by the iOS devices!!!!!)

Why Adobe, WHY!!??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's as easy as a checkbox on the Publish settings!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add support for xhdpi icon for android i.e. 96x96. It's now long over-due.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

96x96 is added with AIR 3.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what, no matter where I put them, Default png launch images NEVER WORK.

Am I supposed to include them under the AIR for iOS settings? (I use Flash Professional CS6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. you need to include them in the "AIR for iOS settings > General tab> Included Files" section. Then, they should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After following the doc on this page, all launch images worked on my tests, except the "Default-Portrait@2x.png" and "Default-PortraitUpsideDown@2x.png". I tested them on on iPad3 in portrait aspect ratio; I saved the images in size 1536 x 2048 as png. Is there anyone successfully tested the "Default-Portrait@2x.png" and "Default-PortraitUpsideDown@2x.png"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add that the "package contents" tab shows the following files included: "Default-Portrait@2x.png" and "Default-PortraitUpsideDown@2x.png"; But, iPad3 doesn't use it for some reason I don't know. (I tested it using FB4.7 and AIR3.7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone needs the solution: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/956268?start=40&tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

List of launch images in the doc is missing "Default-Landscape@2x.png"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines