Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Created an Adobe PDF form via LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2, used the New Form Assistant, prob w/ email

Level 2

I created a form to be distributed, filled in and emailed back to me for my company.

It has been working fine, but now I need to change the email address where it will be sent when the user clicks the "Submit Form" button. How?

All I need to do is change this email address, everything else is set.

Please help.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

My experience is that re-running the Distribute Form does not allow you to change the options you get on first run.

To correct this you need open the PDF in Acrobat Pro and go to Edit > Preferences and select the identity category.  The email address can be changed there.

Further, when I ran Distribute Form, it made some other changes to the PDF too, because the Email submit button in my form does not work any longer in Adobe Reader.  Clicking it simply prompts to save a local copy of the PDF. The submit still works in Acrobat Pro, but this is useless for a distributed form.

It seems odd that Distribute form make changes to a form which seemingly cannot be undone or further require the use of another product to change.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

you need to redistribute your form again.

Open the form in Designer and execute File > Distribute Form.

The wizard will create all neccessary things and asks you for an e-mail address.

Level 2

I have done this but still no luck.

I pick "Manually collect responses in my email inbox"

Next "Save a local copy and manually send it later"

Then "Finish"

When I send out the distributed version of the PDF out in an email and the user completes the form and clicks on the "Submit Form" button it automatically sends it to the old email address I need to change this address where the form info gets sent to...

Please help.......

Thank you in advance

Correct answer by
Level 2

My experience is that re-running the Distribute Form does not allow you to change the options you get on first run.

To correct this you need open the PDF in Acrobat Pro and go to Edit > Preferences and select the identity category.  The email address can be changed there.

Further, when I ran Distribute Form, it made some other changes to the PDF too, because the Email submit button in my form does not work any longer in Adobe Reader.  Clicking it simply prompts to save a local copy of the PDF. The submit still works in Acrobat Pro, but this is useless for a distributed form.

It seems odd that Distribute form make changes to a form which seemingly cannot be undone or further require the use of another product to change.

Paul

Level 2

Paul,

Thank you VERY much for the feedback.

This was exactly the information I needed.

Thanks again,

David Gambal