Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complex forms with images

Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client who needs to upload larger images or CAD designs.  Is there any problem or limitation with allowing these uploads via BC ?  

Also, the form's I've created for him are very complex....   user selected details like ring size, shank size, cut, etc.  using mm  and carats.

1. I created these in DW.  Is there a way to at least use the form layout or is necessary to  use the BC forms in order to integrate with the BC databases?
  2. He has one form area restricted for dealers only and one for consumers,  I assume it is possible to restrict areas of the website to logged in dealers vs. logged in customers?
  3. I have developed the restricted users and consumers databases on his existing host, which I could still use if I had to.

Thanks

Jeff

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- File size limits are 100mb per file.

- Not sure what you meaning in regards to forms you can make as you need to.

- You can create login securezones and pages with content such as forms if you need to

- To use the Database on another system with BC you will have to use API, or export it and import it into the BC site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean if I have a form already constructed,  there is no way to simply import it from an old site into BC, right?  I'm thinking the database   field names would not correspond to the BC database.  I was just wondering if the field design could be used or if I have to start from scratch..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you need to rebuild the form in your BC site. You can keep the layout as long as you update the form action ID and any custom field ID's need to be updated to relate to their database equivelent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines