• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attachments not clickable

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Presenter 8 with PowerPoint 2007 on Windows 7.

A colleague and I just spent the last hour or so trying to figure out why the documents I added to the Attachments area (retreivable from the paperclip icon at the lower right of the Adobe Presenter player) would not download.

Here are the symptoms we observed:

• Attachments were listed correctly. When I clicked the paperclip icon, both attachments were listed in the open attachments panel.
  • Clicking either attachment had no effect. It appeared that absolutely nothing happened in response to a click.

At first, we thought the lack of response was due to the Flash security model preventing local access to the attachments in the Resources folder. So I uploaded the course to our LMS (we use a cloud-based hosted LMS) and tested again after launching the course from there. That didn't fix the problem. So it's not due to Flash security.

Next, we tried republishing from a PPT instead of PPTX-format PowerPoint source deck. That also had no effect on the problem.

Then we tried hand-editing the viewer.xml file, but couldn't get that to work either.

Finally, we figured out what the problem is: it appears that attachments only work if you give them short names. The filename can be as long as you like, but the displayed name must be short enough to not cause elipses when displayed in the actual Attachments panel in the published course. After we shortened the names, the attachments became clickable again.

I post this now in the hopes that it saves someone else an hour or so of head-scratching and debugging. Adobe, I believe this is a bug and should be fixed in a future update.

-Ray

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

What is the exact version of Adobe Presenter you have ? (Help -> Adout Adobe Presenter)

Which browser are you using ?

What file formats are you adding as an attachment in your PPT ?

Have a try "Right click on the link" -> Save Target As ?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram,

I'm using the following:

Adobe Presenter 8.0.1 build 260

Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

File formats used in my attachments panel: Excel (.xls) and PDF (.pdf)

I can't right-click the entries in the Attachments panel because doing so brings up the Flash pop-up menu which does not contain "Save Target As" or any other "download"-type entry.

Cheers!

-Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you right click on "Click to download", does it bring up "Save Target As" ?

Untitled1.png

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vikram,

I see where the confusion lies now. I never get the download window (3rd graphic in your post above). When the attachment names are long enough to require truncation to fit them in the Attachments panel display, then when I click them absolutely nothing happens, including, the download window does not appear.

Cheers!

-Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources