• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TCS 3.5 Frame Maker 10 "Licensing for this product has expired."

Participant ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I tried accessing Frame Maker in TCS 3.5 and it will not let me start it. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I fix this? Everything else in TCS works and Frame Maker use to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the announcement at the top of this forum for the patch that Adobe released for this issue.

EDIT - Sorry, it's gone - try here - http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2013/01/update-on-the-issue-of-framemaker-10-not-launching.html

Message was edited by: Jeff_Coatsworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded that and tried it... would not load. Said it needed an update to the Adobe App Manager. Downloaded the new App Manager, installed it, checked with it and it said everything was updated. Downloaded the patch to fix Frame Maker again but it came up with Update Failed: Updates could not be applied. Adobe Application Manager may be damaged. Download and install a new copy of Adobe Application Manager. Classic switching the goal posts if you ask me...

I downloaded a new version, installed it and restarted the computer. Same problem, update failure. Tried to start Frame Maker to see if it was fixed... same error - "Licensing for this product has expired."

Any other suggestions would be helpful?

I tried contacting Adobe direct but I get stuck in a loop of prewritten FAQ questions, never ever reaching a point where I can text or email all this to a person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Contact Adobe Support for Adobe Captivate, Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Tech Comm. Suite & Adobe E-Learning Suite by dialing :

Via Phone:                          USA   1-800-833-6687  Option 2 > Option 5 > Option 3

Via Email:                             mailto:TCS.SUPPORT@adobe.com

You can dial this number for any customer service and technical question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hapreet set me straight after I copy and pasted all of this. Feel kind of stupid now. I did not fully extract the zipped patch into its own folder and launch from there. I don't use zip files that often. Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

phew, good to know that they fix still works ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was set to expire at the end of January, as it seemed logical that most users of FM10 woud have enountered the error by then. So for those very infrequent users, I've extended the announcement expiry date for another 60 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Arnis - I could have swore that it was there ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines