• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I update Flashplayer on Firefox?

Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Active X version 11.6.602.171 on Internet Explorer.  Plug in version still shows as 11.6.602.168.

When I try to update I get "user has insufficient priveliges".  I am the administrator for this computer, so I don't get it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the full installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

If you still have problems, please post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file from C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pat,

I tried using the link you gave me.  I, again got the message "user has insignificant privileges".  However, I was able to play games which required updated flashplayer, and when I check flashplayer via the Control panel, I found that the plug in version was miraculously updated.  I should mention that I am using windows XP on a 7 year old computer.  I think it may be pre-senile.  I am trying to keep it going long enough that they get any bugs out of windows 8, and then I think its time to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines