• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the work around for the error of the downloaded CS2 installer CD 2 disk prompt?

Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the work around for the error of the downloaded CS2 replacement installer CD 2 disk prompt?

OK, I paid for this software.  I have the media and the the serial right here.  There's no problem with either.  The problem is with Adobe's reluctance to register it.  So, Adobe has a downloadable 'fix'.  They replace the software I own with a downloadable set of files.  They provide instructions that are inaccurate and an installer that prompts for a CD that doesn't exist (Please insert CD 2 to continue installation?)

What is the work around for the error of the downloaded CS2 installer prompting 'Please insert CD 2 to continue installation'?

I'll tell you what the solution is...Don't buy Adobe products because they try to manipulate past customers into buying new products.

I'm going to download the separate installers for each of the CS2 componenent.  After I roll back my registry again to bypass another Adobe installer 'oopsy', I will install each app separately.  There shouldn't be a disc prompt.  But I suspect some other error displaying ineptitude and deceit will result. 

If I can't port this old app to my new machine, then I guess this is where Adobe and I part ways.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

T. St Amant please see message #11 in http://forums.adobe.com/message/4919014#4919014?sdid=KCHDS where the extraction process is discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad,

You've confirms that the problem is not the 7 year old software or the replacement apps, but the NEW installer that Adobe configured to deploy the replacement apps.

The fix at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5057538 doesn't work for me.  C drive is for OS and caching and not tinker-time apps that aren't flexible enough to install on other drives.

It's not worth the struggle to port Adobe to my new system.  I can do without it and the manipulative tactics of disabling the software I already own a license for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

T. St Amant please see message #11 in http://forums.adobe.com/message/4919014#4919014?sdid=KCHDS where the extraction process is discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the instructions in message 9 in the link i suggested and the instructions in message 11 in the link ja wright suggested are the same and are key to your issue:

basically, all the files should be extracted to the same folder:

C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both, but reserving C drive for OS and caching is a choice I made when configuring my drive space.  I didn't have a problem installing CS 2 from media to the drive of my choice.  The problem is an inflexible and unprofessional installation process and incorrect documentation.  I hadn't been using any of the CS 2 apps for months.  I wanted to see if there was anything they could do above and beyond the apps I have been using.  Now, I really have no interest in rediscovering Adobe products.

Thanks for your effort, but it's just not worth the bother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After spending hours trying to interpret and follow the (incorrect) official install instructions, this one simple fix solved the problem . . . . Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines