• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Varibles - appearance in RH10

Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm using user defined variables in RH10 and have noticed variables no longer appear in green which was useful so variable could be identifed. Is this something that can be changed in just the editor, (not the compiled output obviously)?

Until recently we used RH8 here and variables were displayed in a differenet colour in the editor..

Thanks

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Ahhh, okay. Here's the deal and you can still have that behavior in version 10. Nothing changes.

In either version, when you click View > Show and ensure Fields is enabled, the variables are presented in green.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that is true Steve. However if you have the cursor positioned on a line that contains a variable you can use the breadcrumb trial to identify / select it.

variable.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum. Adobe please note: I'd like that feature back please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get on the wish list site & log it there - discussing it here doesn't get much accomplished (only us users around here ;>) )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm a bit confused here as you claim that in version 8 the variables were presented in a different color. That doesn't work for me when I fire up version 8 and add a variable. The behavior is exactly the same as what version 10 presents. This makes me wonder if perhaps you aren't really talking about variables here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is Yes. That is, user defined variables.

Well in my RH8 topics user defined variables appeared in green in the html editor but appeared normally in the compiled ouput.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, okay. Here's the deal and you can still have that behavior in version 10. Nothing changes.

In either version, when you click View > Show and ensure Fields is enabled, the variables are presented in green.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick and everyone. variables now showing in green again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp