• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win8 automatic update for Flash 11.6.602.171

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win8 Pro with automatic updates did not install KB2819372 (providing 11.6.602.171) correctly.

Result was that some flash-source (e.g. youtube) would play normally (metro and desktop!), other sources would not start (facebook, macromedia and adobe test sites that show the version, e.g. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html).

Also, the HP Solution Center (used to scan on HP devices) would not start, as it did not detect the IE plugin.

Error message was all alike: no Flash plugin installed, guiding me to the adobe download area (which does not work for Win8/IE10, as the plugin is provided by Win8), or leaving the flash area greyed out / empty.

After KB2819372 was manually removed and reinstalled via windows update, IE10 behaviour returned back to normal.

As I did not find any working solution for my problem, I thought I could share my experience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for posting!  I'll let our Win 8 team know and will keep this in mind if anyone else encounters this problem.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines