• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Internet Explorer 10 combination will not play Flash.

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated from IE9 to IE 10. Latest version of Flash is installed (11.6.602.171). I have uninstalled and installed until the cows came home. (They are in the back yard) A place holder is displayed and I can right click and get the flash menu but no video. The Adboe troubleshooting web site displays a blank box where the Flash version should be.

There isn't much out there in the way of help for this. Given that I am probably an early adopter, this looks like it will be an issue as others upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had any problems with IE 10 / Flash Player on Windows 7.  You might simply need to enable the addon or disable active x filtering.  Please see these FAQs for details.

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Chris.

Flash is enabled already, where is ActiveX filtering in IE10? All of the examples deal with IE9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, found the checkmark in IE10, it was disabled. I enabled it and got a black screen (in the Adobe test screen)

The Adobe Flash Player or an HTML5 supported browser is required for video playback.
Get the latest Flash Player
Learn more about upgrading to an HTML5 browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActiveX Filtering needs to be disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion, ActiveX is disabled and Flash is enabled, this is what the initial setup was when I started this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking those.  Does Flash not load on any site?  What do you see on this page?  Flash Player Version

If it fails to load anywhere, then I suspect some third party is interfering.  Try rebooting in safe mode with networking enabled to see if it still fails.  If it works in safe mode, then some service or utility is blocking flash from functioning.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MCRoss1960, Microsoft update KB2670838 was the culprit. When I removed it I got the version box back in the Adobe troubleshooter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up putting the update back on as it caused video playback problems in other areas. I will just deal with not having Flash until either Adobe or Microsoft step up and decide one of them has to fix something.

Thanks for everyones help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines