• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant get Flash working on Windows 7. ie9. have tried EVERYTHING can anyone help?

Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant get Flash working on my new PC

Have Windows 7.

ie9.

Have updated the graphics driver

have tried installing through firefix

have tried EVERYTHING can anyone help?

Ready to pull my hair out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Thank you for your time.  yes i've tried this.
And Have just tried it all again! it's so frustrating, I just dont know what else to do. Not even a pic on the 2nd link you gave me through you tube worked??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you see instead of the expected Flash content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Just a black screen.
I just tried viewing a 'video' on facebook and i only see a black screen but 3 dots showing it's trying to load in the middle.  Then sound will always come one and nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Just a bit frustrating, because I'm not completely stupid when it comes to computers but this one is making me look that way.
And it's new, now i'm wondering if it's been like this since I got it (about 2 weeks ago) but just didnt look at any video content.

The only thing I could think to try now is to install Flash for 32-bit machine?

On a side note. i've installed flash for 64-bit but when I go to my control panel it states "Flash Player (32-bit)"

could that be the reason? I've tried to un-install and reinstall and install through Firefox as suggested on the link below but with no luck.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/I-m-running-IE9-w...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nessbeatle wrote:

I go to my control panel it states "Flash Player (32-bit)"

That is very confusing (and idiotic, in my view); that means the Flash Player Settings Manager is a 32-bit app.

On a 64-bit system the installer will automatically install both 32-bit and 64-bit players.

Two things to try

1. Try a clean install, as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315 - that does some additional cleaning up as compared to the post in the HP forum
  2. Check if a newer driver is available for your graphics card; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Pat,

Tried all of this.  then went to ... http://www.filehorse.com/download-flashplayer-ie-64/ and tried to download a 64bit and tried about 3 but EVERY time it installs it loads into control panel as "Flash (32-bit)"
I see some other people have the same problem... will see what they have to say... it's SO frustrating.
I did try your folders to delete and only had text files in there but still deleted and restarted before trying a new install and NOTHING!
Quite annoying especially when you're buying a new PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nessbeatle wrote:

Tried all of this.  then went to ... http://www.filehorse.com/download-flashplayer-ie-64/ and tried to download a 64bit and tried about 3 but EVERY time it installs it loads into control panel as "Flash (32-bit)"

That is a very old Flash Player version (11.3).  Also, as I explained earlier, the Flash Player Settings Manager is a 32-bit app, that's why Windows adds that "(32-bit)" into the Control Panel.

For those of you who still have the problem, can you try if the beta version 11.6.602.175 works better: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat

Yeah I was trying 11.3 just to see if it would do anything as the others wouldnt do anything.

have (RE-)tried  11.6.602.175 and SADLY still nothing.
Just the Black Screen; NO picture (with sound working perfectly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

I also tried installing the

Flash Player 11.6 Beta Content Debuggers

and ran my page with video on and came up wtih the error (see below) does that help at all???

"An action script error has occured:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at OmnitureSWF/getChapters()

at OmnitureSWF/updateVideoInfo()

at OmnitureSWF/onEventsMapParsed()

at OmnitureSWF/initialize()

at com.brightcove.api::CustomModule/onTemplateReady()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at com.brightcove.api.modules::ExperienceModule/wrapEvent()

at com.brightcove.player.api.modules::ExperienceAPI/onPlayerInstanceReady()

at com.brightcove.player::PlayerInstance/onContentLoad()

at com.brightcove.player.content::ContentManager/onContentLoad()

at com.brightcove.player.content::ContentManager/loadContentForExperience()

at com.brightcove.player.content::ContentProxy/loadContent()

at com.brightcove.player::PlayerInstance/onContainerReady()

at com.brightcove.ui.containers::BEMLContainer/completeInitialization()

at com.brightcove.ui.containers::BEMLContainer/onElementComplete()

at com.brightcove.player.ui.widgets::Widget/setReady()

at com.brightcove.player.ui.widgets::VideoWidget/render()

at com.brightcove.player.ui.widgets::ThemedWidget/onThemeComplete()

at com.brightcove.ui.managers::ThemeManager/onFontsLoaded()

at com.brightcove.ui.graphics.theming::Theme/onFontsLoaded()

at com.brightcove.ui.graphics.theming::StyleSet/onFontsComplete()

at com.brightcove.ui.managers::FontManager/dispatchComplete()

at com.brightcove.ui.managers::FontManager/createFontLoaders()

at com.brightcove.ui.managers::FontManager/loadFonts()

at com.brightcove.ui.graphics.theming::StyleSet/loadFonts()

at com.brightcove.ui.graphics.theming::StyleSet/onStylesLoaded()

at com.brightcove.ui.graphics.theming::StyleSet/populateStyles()

at com.brightcove.ui.graphics.theming::StyleSet/parseCSS()

at com.brightcove.ui.graphics.theming::StyleSet/loadCSS()

at com.brightcove.ui.graphics.theming::Theme/loadStyle()

at com.brightcove.ui.graphics.theming::Theme/endThemeLoad()

at com.brightcove.ui.graphics.theming::ThemeData/initialize()

at com.brightcove.ui.graphics.theming::Theme/onThemeInit()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm have the same problem, seem to happen right after the last  adobe update. can see videos in youtube but not other sites like msn and comedy central, I can hear the playback but can't see them.  Sounds like alot of this is going on.  win 7 ie 8 v11.6.602.171 fp. very frustrating.   I need some help o fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Southecho, nessbeatle, I also have the exact same problem. Flash folks do not know what is wrong, and I am fairly certain that they do not yet know that there is a problem. Some interesting facts about this problem,

1. The Flash test page displays NOTHING - no error, no version - NOTHING!

2. If you disable Flash in IE9 "Manage Add-ons" you will be able to hear flash content sound, but you will see no video. If you enable Flash in IE9 you will see nothing.

3. This problem seems to be happening to embedded video only - if you can locate the hidden "Full Screen" button, you Will be able to watch the video content.

4. This happens exactly the same in 32 bit mode and in 64 bit mode.

5. This started immediately after a Windows 7 update installed two days ago.

So......the only recourse we are going to have is to wait for the Flash guys to first  - recognize that there is a problem, next identify the problem, finally, fix the problem. Since, at this point, we are fairly certain that they don't even know that there is a problem, we are going to be waiting quite a while for a fix.All that we can do is wait for the Flash pop-up to appear saying "Update available." Sorry - hard to believe that they can be as bad at what they do and remain in business - isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Santa66 - Does this mean you ahve the same issue and we cant do ANYTHING about it?
Surely with all the things to try other people have the same issues and they should try and fix it.

otherwise we will all have to hound them with emails until they fix it.  VERY frustrating.  I bought a new comp because my old one was getting old and now I'm finding myself still using the old one to look things up.

the only thing I've not tried is looking for the hidden full screen button and try that way, but that still doesnt help.
Thanks for yoru reply anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nessbeatle.

It certainly looks like we are going to have to wait. I have tried everything I have found online to fix it, and a lot of stuff I've contrived. I'm sorry this is happening to you - with a new PC, I certainly understand the frustration. If it helps with the frustration to keep looking for solutions, by all means, I would be extraordinarily grateful if you found it. I've wasted several hours on this that I'll never get back, and I am satisfied not to spend another second on it, save sharing what I know with all the other victems.

Let us know what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Santa66
thanks for the heads up! I've already wasted many hours so perhaps I should give up while I'm ahead.
If I do happen to find anything useful I'll be sure to let you konw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES I have the exact same issue. Even a video posted in Facebook by a friend wont load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Platform Update for Windows 7 x64-Edition (KB2670838)

After installing this update on 2/27 I started having problems with viewing FLASH SWF files on a web based e-learning system. Flash was not disabled, Javascript was not disabled.

Once I removed this Windows Update the problems went away.

Let me know if this works for any of you.

Conrad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cblawman,

I wouldnt know where to start with updates.  Sadly my problem has been around for well before 27/2 so I dont think one or two update removals would work... or did you mean you stopped all updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had exactly the same problem and posted in another thread(didn't see this one). The reply from cblawman was exactly what fixed my problem. I uninstalled kb2670838 update and voila, all my issues are corrected. The update must also be a required update for IE10, because, after uninstalling the update I'm now back to IE 9. I'll just wait 'till Microsoft gets it right before I allow it to be re-installed.

According to the Microsoft website, the update deals with performance issues of various graphic components. Yeh, it sure does! LOL

Nessbeatle, go to add and remove programs, click on installed updates and search for kb2670838 and uninstall. Worth a try. I lost silverlight video, embedded flash objects and taskbar live preview. They all function correctly now after uninstalling kb2670838.

Hope this helps

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you MCRoss1960.

NessBeatle, if you cannot find the update mentioned above, go to www.filehippo.com and download the latest version of FireFox web browser. If FireFox works, it is definitely a Microsoft and/or IE 9 problem.

Everything I looked at talked about making sure that Javascript and Flash were not disabled in IE 9. Once the configuration issues were checked all I could think of was the Windows Update.

Cblawman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mike, i was having the same issues and i followed what you said and removed that windows update and everything works for me too now.  Thanks, you are a genius!  I'm not as seasoned as others about computers.  How do I stop windows from trying to send this update back through and screwing me up again? Also, should I expect them to ever fix this problem because I'm assuming it wouldn't be good to just refrain from future updates forever.  Any advice from anybody would be helpful.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cblawman YOU ARE THE MAN - or Woman as the case me be   !!!!!

MCRoss1960, Santa66 - thanks for your help.

Southecho - FYI = HAPPINESS.

Pat - FYI for anyone else.

Juiceman0310 - Thank you I found it... bit of a hunt but as MCRoss1960 said, worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I also had the same problem after upgrading to IE10 on a Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop. Finally, found this post and uninstalled the KB2670838. After rebooting but no windows update, PC reverted back to IE9 and after downloading the latest flash player, all the videos and sound were back on. In other words, problem solved.

It appears the latest player and IE10 are not always playing nice with each other. However, I successfully upgraded 3 other PC's (all with the same Win 7 set up) and no issues. 2 were identical desktop and the other one was a laptop with a separate graphics card. The problem arose with a laptop with an onboard graphics card and a separate graphic card. Not sure but it appears that when the PC (in this case, the laptop) has 2 graphic cards, the problem arises.

For the time being, I will make sure that this KB upgrade will not happen on the 2 graphic cards laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nessbeatle,

If you have a new PC, there's a good chance it was installed before you ever bought it.

You can check to see if it's installed on your system,

1. Go to Control Panel

2. Select "Programs"

3. Under "Programs and Features" select "View Installed Updates"

4. You should see a list of all of the updates recently installed on your PC. Look for KB2670838.

5. If you do not see it, scroll all the way over to the right, and from the "Installed on" pull down menu, select a shorter time period, and you should see it.

6. Right click on KB2670838 and select "Uninstall".

7. Follow on screen instructions and then restart your PC.

That should fix this for you.

This update is is not a security update, it is a video enhancement update and has the following enhancements:

• Direct2D
  • DirectWrite
  • Direct3D
  • Windows Imaging Component (WIC)
  • Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform (WARP)
  • Windows Animation Manager (WAM)
  • XPS Document API
  • H.264 Video Decoder
  • JPEG XR codec

So removing it should cause no problems at all.

Hope this helps nessbeatle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines