Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcuts in flash cs6 not working correctly

Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i bought 3 licences of creative suite cs6, and in every one of them flash cs6 keyboard shortcuts wont work correctly.

specifcly the tools shortcuts such as space bar for hand tool, v' for arrow key and more.

i need to restart flash for them to work again. this happened on 3 of my studio's computers!
please help

i'm on a pc machine, intel i7, 2.8 GH

windows 7, 64 bit, 16gb ram,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Hi torben123,

This issue has been resolved in Flash CC, please take a look at it and let us know if you still face any issues.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issues off and on with CS6 for the past month now and it's a pretty serious issue. Not sure why more people aren't chimming in on this. It's cutting down my productivity at work tremendously. Is there a fix for this yet? I'm on a Win 7 (6.1) 64, i5-2400, 3.10GHz, with 8gbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add another user to this. actually happening on all cs6 apps, photoshop, illustrator and flash. very frustrating. any one crack this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i'm finding this as soon as installed flash pro cs6, i use it at work and at home

and have the same issue, very annoying when using my cintiq too.

hope there's a patch to fix this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same problem here
i'm using Flash cs6 on windows 7(64) i7  860 @ 2,80GHz , also using cintiq 15x

very frustrating bug, strongly reduces the affectivity of my work.

is there any solution yet from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't found anything online and Adobe has yet to chime i on this

one. It's a big issue so I'm really surprised at the lack of attention they

are giving this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just so that we are clear, do all keyboard shortcuts fail or some in particular? If there are any particular ones, could you please list them?

I am checking, because I tried shortcuts for Hand tool and Arrow Tool and they worked for me with Flash Pro CS6.

Thank you for your patience,

Suhas Yogin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it's all the "single key shortcuts" that are failing after like one minute of using the program

"H" -hand
"v" - arrow
"Q" - transform

"B" - brush

"E" - eraser

and so on...

the shortcuts are working once i start the program, but after a minute or so, they stop reacting, also once i'm entering a graphic symbol, they will work again, but then fail within few seconds.

thanks in advance

and hope the issue could be solved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here. This is... annoying and becoming more obnoxious every minute. Please fix it. Soon, if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the shortcut keys stop working when this happens and this will just happen in the middle of working. I'll try to pay closer attension to what I do before it happens but honestlty it happens about 50% of the time I use Flash CS6 at work. I work at a game studio and we have new systems so it's most likely not the hardware. For me I'm usually just drawing then suddenly I'll go to grab the image to move it and the hand icon doesn't appear. The icon usually stays stuck to what ever it was  when it broke. Then I'll try all the shortcut keys and I'll have to reboot Flash if I want them back. Anyone else notice what they're doing when it happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way i just notised that the single keys shortcuts crush only when i work with my cintiq (cintiq 15x by wacom)

when i work with a mouse or bamboo one pen, the shortcuts seem to be working fine.

it that the way the program behaves also with other users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I founds something very interesting. (and maybe a bandaid-solution for now)

The hot keys seem to stop working when 2 things happen:

1. The window of your document is NOT docked to the frame of Flash. So it's floating - not docked.

2. You click outside of the flash program.

When this happens your hotkeys break! I found that a quick fix is to dock your project to flash and the hotkeys will work again.

Also this addresses the reports of this bug happening when using a Cintiq. Since you're using another screen when you're using a Cintiq, but it's super easy to accidentally click the desktop and when the document is brought over to the cintiq screen it's usually undocked away from the main Flash window!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Flash CS6.

The problem seems to be consistent. If I have a doc open in flash and I undock the document from the tab header, then I Alt-tab to a different application, and when I Alt-tab back to Flash shortcuts doesn't work until I perform one of the workarounds posted here in this thread.

If I keep the flash document in a tab panel inside flash (without undocking it) there is no problem with shortcuts.. All works fine.

If I Alt-tab back to Flash while there are undocked document windows inside flash I get a flash icon for each flash document inside Windows' alt-tab window (ie. the window that appears when pressing alt-tab). If I choose the icon titled "Adobe Flash CS6" everything is fine and shortcuts still work. If I select an icon belonging to an open document in flash then shortcuts dont work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi torben123,

This issue has been resolved in Flash CC, please take a look at it and let us know if you still face any issues.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohanaraj CS schrieb:

Hi torben123,

Thanks!

Mohan

Mohanaraj CS, I'm still using Flash Pro CS6 on my MacBook Pro and the shortcuts don't all work correctly because Flash (German version with German language keyboard setting in OSX) seems to use an US keyboard setting only for the shortcuts internally (if I type into fields, I've got my German layout, but if I want to set up a shortcut like cmd + + for zoom in oder cmd + - for zoom out, it shows cmd + ] and cmd + / instead).

And the "fix" to an obvious bug (as you said by yourself) now is TO BUY CC??
Come on, Adobe Staff, is that how you treat your customers?

A little -known- bug but you have to get (and buy) the cloud thing, if you want it fixed... did you get the bug into the code THEREFORE in the last update?
I really love the Adobe software but this is the baddest joke since a looong time, Mohanaraj CS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I'm trying to bring an object forward in Flash CC (which I just downloaded the trial version of), and it's not working at all.  Whether I use the shortcut or the right click menu on the object.  As another forum suggested, I tried converting it to a symbol first, and then bringing it forward, and that didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so you have to drag the layer to the top of the list to bring it forward.  Never mind my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over a month past and still no answer from the staff.
Great support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've noticed the hotkeys stop working a lot after I use linear or radial gradients.  Not always but very often. 

I have a blank project open, and whenever it happens i click across and back to the project I'm working on and it goes away.  An easy workaround, but it happens every few minutes on average.  It's a constant irritation.

Please please please fix this issue.  I've tried Flash CC and cannot use it because of its audio issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Like you say it's not an ideal workaround, but better than a kick to the jaw. I don't get it though, if Adobe have acknowledged the issue and fixed it for CC, then why not make the same fix for a CS6 patch?

I've had to "undo" so many mistakes when I've gone to press a shortcut and then spilled a load of text into a field, thus breaking the symbol I'm working in -- and undo can be very temperemental in those instances; you have to be very careful you roll back to the exact point at which the hotkey stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seriously Adobe?

Now you're just rubbing our faces in it.

I've used Flash for 16 years and it's been going downhill for the last 10. 

I have absolutely no faith in you at this point and I have no hope for Animate whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep me too - i haven't tried the other apps but all of the single key shortcuts in flash cs6 (from adobe cloud) do not work and i've installed it in the last 2 weeks (don't think they ever worked)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem in all CS6 apps on Mac OS 10.8.1. The issue comes and goes. Holding shift no longer constrains proportions, option+drag doesn't copy, space bar doesn't give me the hand tool, etc. I have to do almost everything through menus, very slow and frustrating.

Since the CS6 install, I also get the exact same issue when I go back to work in CS5.5

I read elsewhere online that browser installs can effect this. Some people updated their Firefox and fixed it, some people updated Safari and Chrome for same effect. Also some said you have to quit your browser while using CS6.

I updated Firefox yesterday and it fixed the problem. Today it's back, in CS6 and CS5.5. So I don't know if the Firefox update fixed it, or if it was merely coincidence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My "shift scaling" isn't working either. Hope it will come a fix soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine stop working too

Windows 7 Flash CS6

Even copy/cut/paste stop working in the code but only inside Flash.  In other apps they still work.  Really need a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines