Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to write stuff to the console

Advocate ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I know I have seen the method for writing some message to the FM console somewhere, but searching the Scripting Guide for the word 'console' does not take me to that info. Can anyone tell me which command to use or where it is described ?

Thanks in advance for answering a probably stupid question (10 easy points to gain I guess)

Jang

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jang,

You can use the function for the writing something to the FM console. It goes like this.

Console(“String”)

Vikash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jang,

I don't know the answer offhand, but you can write to the JavaScript Console using

$.writeln("Message to JavaScript Console");

This is useful for debugging. If I can find the command to write to the Console, I will post it. Thanks.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jang,

You can use the function for the writing something to the FM console. It goes like this.

Console(“String”)

Vikash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Vikash.

I thought it was simple, and it turns out to be. The only remaining question is 'Why was this not described anywhere in the scripting guides?'

Kind regards

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines