• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I constantly have to reinstall my Flash player?

Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the Flash player using the install program, and it worked but since the initial installation, I keep getting prompts to reinstall to get youtube videos to play. Why won't it stay installed, or autoupdate, or something similar, because this is becoming a huge pain in the butt to have to close down my internet browser just to reinstall something I had only reinstalled for the umpteenth time just a few weeks before. Then I have to go back and open the tabs I had been browsing in before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why?  I wouldn't know.  I do not even know what operating system or browser you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why even comment, then, Pat? FYI I am using IE 8 on Windows 7. Which I update regularly.

Anyone else, without an attitude, got any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does ANYONE have an answer to this legitimate question. I agree it's a royal pain in the butt to constantly have to reload flash, especially when it shows as being installed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me! I did a live chat and they couldn't help me since it was a freeware program, WTF Adobe? You want to charge us $35 for a phonecall to fix this issue and if not, let us run around in circles!
I'm running Vista 32bit w/IE9 and I keep getting "you need to install the latest version of flash player" even though it's already installed for the 6-7th time (all clean installs). I've done everything that you can possibly do to this computer and NOTHING!!!!!

ADOBE, FIX YOUR FREAKING PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rsulik - For Windows 8, please see this FAQ:

How do I install Flash Player on Windows 8?

Another user recently found that the Flash Player update applied during the normal windows update process was causing him problems.  He resolved this by uninstalling the KB in question and reinstalling.  You can see his finding here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5114184

@jg1107 - What browser and OS are you using?

@thstinkx - Please make sure ActiveX Filtering is disabled and the Shockwave Flash object is enabled in the add-on manager.

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did both of them. I can't find the KB in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines