• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

digital editions to Nook Color

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems uploading library books from my digi editions to my Nook Color. I get error message whenever I try. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should try posting in the Digital Editions forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_digital_editions?view=discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

Mrfourty what specific error message are you receiving?  Also which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says - Errors Were Detected. Foriegn Correspondent-4epub E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN. I am using an imac with OS 10.8.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you write/copy files to the Nook through the Finder?  If you can't see the Nook in your Finder please go to the Finder Menu and select Preferences.  From there make sure External Disks has a check mark under Show these items on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the Nook icon, but when I try to copy directly to it it tells me there is not enough free space. It seems I cannot bypass the digital editions software. I think that I might need to register my computer with my Adobe ID, but I don't know how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr4tee this would seem to indicate that you are receiving write errors to your Nook in general.  I would recommend contacting Barnes & Nobles as you should be able to transfer files in the Finder to your Nook Color.  You can contact Barnes and Noble's Nook support at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/NOOK-Support/379003184/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy to do.

Go to SETTINGS (probably under Apps)

Click on ACCOUNT SETTINGS

click on Adobe Digital Editions on right hand side of page, last item

the Add USER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a Nook colour HD and all Barnes and Nobel would tell me was to join a library that used Overdrive Media..  Not easy when you live in a country that supports ADE.  Adobe, when I finally did get hold of their support was even less helpful

However a friend was VERY helpful.  After 3 weeks of trying and me threatening to put the device under a 10lb hammer they suggested the following.

1.  Download Overdrive Medial Consolte to your Nook. (search shop and follow instructions)

2.  Go on to web on Nook (do not have it connected to your laptop)

3.  Connect to your library e page direct from the Nook

4.  Choose book (s)

5.  Check out

6.  Books now appear in Overdrive and are readable.

Result - one very happy lady

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - I downloaded overdrive media. My library also uses overdrive media. I downloaded a book directly to nook color but it couldn't open it stating that there was not enough space. I will keep trying and maybe I did something wrong. If you have any experience with this problem let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also says that it was unable to create a file for this action. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Nook itself? I don't see this. if I go to "settings" there is nothing about apps there and if I go to apps there are only apps that i can open or not. I tried finding this in the software program itself and found nothing there. I am totally confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Setting' is a grey square with a grear wheel shown in it.  It might be in apps or it might be in Library. (scross down to see whats there)

Tap on it and it opens up all the setting on the Nook.  It also will show you if your hard disc is full (ie no space).  You can always add a Micro SD card to increase  memory space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I guess I am out of space for non barnes and noble purchases. I didn't even think to check that. Oh well I'll get an sd card and see if that solves my issues. You've been helphul. I am probably going to run into more roadblocks so check back here if you feel like it.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you maybe out of space in general.  This is could be what lead to your original E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines