Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.6 Installer Error

Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Flash Builder 4.6, but I'm getting an error immediately when the installer starts. It says "Beta or prerelease versions of Adobe Flash Builder are installed on the machine, and must be uninstalled before this installation can proceed. Please uninstall these products, restart your computer, then run this installer again."

I do not have any beta version of Flash Builder installed on my machine. I do however have previous releases of FB 3.0, 4.0, and 4.5 installed. I use these to support various projects.

Here are my machine specifications:

2011 Macbook Pro w/ OSX Lion updated to 10.7.2

100GB of free space

8 GB of ram

I found the following error messages in the OSX Console app:

11/30/11 10:47:20.001 AM PDApp: CFURLCreateWithString was passed this invalid URL string: '/System/Library/Frameworks/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath or CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPathRelativeToBase should be used instead.

11/30/11 10:47:20.001 AM [0x0-0x3f83f8].com.adobe.PDApp.setup: 2011-11-30 10:47:20.000 PDApp[6202:407] CFURLCreateWithString was passed this invalid URL string: '/System/Library/Frameworks/' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath or CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPathRelativeToBase should be used instead.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I'd love to get this resolved immediatley. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me... I even deinstalled Flash Builder 4.5 but now 4.6 won't install because it always shows an "installation error" while preparing all installation files.

So for now I have to reinstall 4.5 to continue working .    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck trying to re-install 4.5 --you won't be able to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.5 is working on my machine... 4.6 not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if they could just get the Help --> Software Updates to work so that we could simply upgrade that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you already have Flash Builder 4.5 installed you will need to uninstall in order to install Flash Builder 4.6."

http://blogs.adobe.com/flex/2011/11/flex-4-6-and-flash-builder-4-6-updates-now-available.html

I had the same error until I uninstalled FB 4.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Uninstalled FB 4.5. Tried reinstalling FB 4.6. Now getting a different installation error. Being told to run Adobe Support Advisor. Tried it, and it comes up empty. Nice work Adobe!!!

Any other suggestions? Running Win 7 x64

Thanks, in advance.

.FB_Error_1.JPG

FB_Error_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, until I realized I had to uninstall the components from the Creative Suite and not directly from the Programs panel.

For those still having issues, unistall any previous versions of FB from Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Functionality and double click the Creative Suite you have currently installed. Untick all software except FB and AIR for iOS which needs to be removed before you install FB 4.6 - reboot and try now to install the latest Flash Builder. It should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I resolved the installation issue on macOS 10.7.2 but uninstalling Adobe Air from the utilities directory under Application.

(I actually uninstalled any flash product I had and it did not resolve the issue, removing adobe air solved it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did CS uninstall of 4.5. Also uninstalled Air.  Still getting silly note that " prerelease version of this product already installled."  Win7 64

ADOBE ::= ADOPEY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following installation error in fresh 4.6 trial.

Capture.PNG

i have full permissions and free space is 16 gb.

i am on dual core 2.0 ghz machine with one gb of RAM.

plz help me to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution for this yet? After having to uninstall FB4.5 (& iOS support) to upgrade then the installer not wanting to install iOS support because its 'already installed' ... FB4.6 wont compile iOS ... heres FB & the installer telling me both things at the same time! Note: the store errors when i try to buy an upgrade so im also now on a trial again, plus FB4.6 wont import the default workspace FB4.5 created so im having to import the projects from that workspace manually!

Thanks Adobe, I guess i should just learn HTML5 as you seem to want ... as i remember i LOVED debugging stuff in every single version of each browser in the 90s!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get this working by opening the Flash Professional uninstaller and choosing uninstall the iOS Packager. This runs the main Creative Suite uninstall application. I uninstalled both 4.5.1 and Flash Builder 4.6 and re-installed 4.6. It's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines