• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot reposition a slide

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first captivate project.  I have a 30 slide video-heavy prototype and I am trying to move one of the quiz slides from one point to another, further down the timeline. It will not go. Instead of opening a space close to where I am dragging the slide to, Captivate is opening the space closer to the beginning of the timeline, which does not help me.

Oh, and when I first created that slide that I am now trying to move, I had my cursor on slide # 28. The new quiz slide was added as number 9. I deleted that slide several times and every time I tried to add it again, it was created closer to the beginning of the timeline.

Has anyone seen this happening before?

Captivate 6, Windows 7. Is there something else I am supposed to provide?

Thank you in advance!

Simone

I attached a screenshot of the "operation".captivateproblem.jpg

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not understand fully. Did you try with Copy/paste for that slide as well instead of dragging? This is a Quiz slide, is dragging getting it out of the Quiz scope (outside of the Quiz, after the score slide if you provided one?). What are your Quiz Preferences?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried copy/cut and paste and that doesn’t work either. It creates a copy of the original slide, but close to it, not where I want it to be pasted to (and I placed the cursor on a slide close to the end of the timeline before pasting).

I did not change any of the original quiz preferences. The quiz is not graded, it is a hot spot and I did not use a score slide.

Thank you very much for your response.

Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be linked to the Quiz, your problem. Try to insert a score slide (Quiz Preferences) and post a screenshot of the Quiz Preferences, please. Which version do you use exactly: 6.0.1.240 or 6.1.319 ?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I just want to post an update here and also thank you for your prompt responses and attention to my problem. It seems like the “weird drag-and-drop behavior” was only happening with that specific Captivate file. We create another file using exactly the same parameters and features and everything is working just fine. Maybe a corrupted file? Who knows, I certainly don’t.

Thank you so much for your time.

Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for updating, so the file was corrupted I suppose. Could be a slide or even an object.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources